Survey! UBP or UDP and who are you cruising with

summercruise2015

We booked a suite so we have both. Not sure which I would have chosen otherwise -- probably UBP. We don't drink that much and usually only go to specialty restaurants 1-2 times so we would never pay for either. I am sailing (in 2 bdr suite on Dawn) with my parents, husband, and our son who will be 2 when we sail.

We picked UDP. Traveling with our 9 and 6 yr olds. Just easier to get buckets of beer instead of us both having to get up and go to the bar.

Does anyone know though, if you are able to switch from one to the other before you sail, or is it once you've decided you're locked in?

Edited by geegee1

UBP, me and my husband.

Our bar bill is usually $600-700 and our specialty dining bill is usually $100 (we don't mind the main dining rooms at all, and enjoy an extra-special night or two at specialties). A no-brainer for us to take the UBP and still hit a few specialty restaurants anyway at our own expense.

Traveling with my mother, sister, and my 21 yr old daughter. We are in a DOS on the Escape in January 2016. We get both packages, but if we had to pick just one it would be the UDP. The promo only offers the UBP to two guest. The rest get the soda package. We aren't heavy drinkers and the UDP is good for everyone on the reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going on Breakaway with DH. Sister and Mom. DH does not drink and I will likely have 2 or 3 drinks per day. We love specialty dining so UDP was our choice. Sis can imbibe WAY more than me so UBP was a no brainer for her. But Mom is sharing cabin with her so she had to take UBP as well. She's 88 and for sure won't get the value of it. But we were going to take this trip anyway so it's great to have either.

I looked at the price of each, and the UBP was the most cost saving. We would never have paid for it, and to be honest, it is the only reason we booked an NCL cruise. Since we will have virtually no bar bill, we paid for the UDP and I made reservations already for every night on the Breakaway. Two adults sailing.

UBP, since we would have bought it anyway, so it's a no-brainer.

Actually, our NEXT cruise is the Escape transatlantic, and UBP wasn't offered for that, so we took nothing. We would have lost money taking UDP, since rates have gone up so much since we booked. The cruise after that which we have booked for 2016, we selected UBP. Like i said, if it wasn't free, we would be buying it anyway, like we did on our last 2 cruises. Our son is sailing with us, so just the 3 of us.

We got a "Pick 2" deal for our Med cruise upcoming in September and went with UDP and UBP. The other choice was a paltry $100 OBC - we didn't even consider it. (DH and I on our 20th Anniversary!!)

ETA: Holy cats!! :eek: I was just on the NCL site checking our reservation and "clicking around" a little bit. The UBP for our sailing is selling for $434.70/pp!! We are VERY satisfied with the value we're getting from this promotion!

Edited by ronandannette

UBP. My husband and I and our twins, who will turn 10 on the cruise.

Shhhhhhhhhh no-one tell my kids they get the soda package. If they were to drink all the sugary caffeinated beverages they wanted, we'd be thrown off the ship in a second flat;)

Initially took the UDP, then switched to the UBP a few days later with no hassle at all. Our sailing is the third weekly Escape Eastern Caribbean in November 2015; traveling with my fiance Chad.

We picked UDP. Traveling with our 9 and 6 yr olds. Just easier to get buckets of beer instead of us both having to get up and go to the bar.

Does anyone know though, if you are able to switch from one to the other before you sail, or is it once you've decided you're locked in?

Like I said, I was able to switch, and I assume that would be the case at least through the end of the promotion. Probably through final payment date. Possibly through a couple days before sailing, but not sure.

--Michael

Edited by numberguy
forgot Chad!