Adventure 9/23 sailing out of San Juan

johnrobert57

Another thought, the fact that they are only offering a FCC to those that can't sail on Wednesday is ridiculous.

They took away over half of the cruise but aren't willing to just refund your money, just doesn't seem fair.

I love Royal but this is insane.

100% agree. Their offer is garbage.

I wonder how they are going to provision the ship. Presumably they already had frozen and refrigerated provisions ready to go in the port of San Juan. Hopefully they have backup generators to keep these provisions cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will stock it in Fort Lauderdale for the week.

Adventure of the Seas: September 23

Due to the uncertainty of the timing of the port re-opening in San Juan, we anticipate our new departure date will be Wednesday, September 27, sailing a 3-night itinerary to Antigua and St. Kitts.

We know these changes are disappointing, and we are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 60% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year.

If you are unable to travel and need to cancel your cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard.

A real head scratcher. When you factor in the airline costs alone to get to the island, cancelling is the only way to go on this opportunity.

They will stock it in Fort Lauderdale for the week.

That makes sense. I had to go find the other thread to find the part about the Fort Lauderdale stop. The next provision challenge will be for the Sept 30 cruise. That gives them about 8 days to get replacement provisions shipped from the mainland to San Juan.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Unless you live in San Juan!
IF I lived in San Juan, the last thing on my mind would be a cruise. I would be trying to get my home in some type of order. But that is just what I would do. After that I would feel much better about arranging a future cruise. But, again, that is how I operate. Different strokes for different folks.

That makes sense. I had to go find the other thread to find the part about the Fort Lauderdale stop. The next provision challenge will be for the Sept 30 cruise. That gives them about 8 days to get replacement provisions shipped from the mainland to San Juan.

That would be the cruise we are supposed to depart on from San Juan that you speak of. You would think that any food they have in port now that was supposed to be used for departing on the 23rd would be used for the people of PR as hurricane relief. The big question is did it stay refrigerated during the outages? Reports vary about San Juan itself and power. The airport has backup they are running on but it's limited from what I read. I can't see commercial flights resuming anytime soon, and why would they unless to get people off island. They really don't need tourists lugging bags around town or the worry of getting taxis around town. Were they not flooded out too? The cruise companies run on $$$ and they will do everything to keep what money you have given them. Shortening a cruise and making everyone jump around 2-3 days before it's supposed to leave is insane given the circumstances. How is it not a breach of contract when they shorten a cruise and don't refund the money to those that can not make the new sail date for any reason? That's what I'd like to know.

My guess is that when they stock it on Monday in Ft.Lauderdale, they would include enough provisions to get to 10/7. That's nearly two weeks worth of food that they can load, similar to what they'd do if the ship were sailing a Transatlantic. Also, they can add additional fresh fruit and produce along the way at ports like Aruba.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My guess is that when they stock it on Monday in Ft.Lauderdale, they would include enough provisions to get to 10/7. That's nearly two weeks worth of food that they can load, similar to what they'd do if the ship were sailing a Transatlantic. Also, they can add additional fresh fruit and produce along the way at ports like Aruba.

Good points.

that RCL update says "we anticipate" that is pretty neutral and based on information coming out of SJU I think that will change...they will do all possible to sail but it is not the same vacation you signed up for and may ultimately cancel. A full refund (not cruise credit) is what is he right thing to do.

They did not cause the hurricane.

I realize that and I have no problem with itinerary changes with no compensation. But to lose over half of your vacation because they can't provide it seems like a good enough reason for a refund with no strings attached.

I realize that and I have no problem with itinerary changes with no compensation. But to lose over half of your vacation because they can't provide it seems like a good enough reason for a refund with no strings attached.

I agree. What next? A 1 or 2 day cruise with 80% onboard credit?

And yes, I also know what the contract says but at some point it goes beyond a modified itinerary and just plain isn't what was sold to the consumer.

I find it unlikely a Wednesday departure of incoming guests would occur

"Refundable on board credit" Can you go to GS on board and get cash? I know this seems like a silly question but there has been so much miscommunication I didn't know if it was really true.

Yes, you can get a cash refund of any remaining refundable OBC at Guest Services on the last afternoon of rhe cruise.

That would be the cruise we are supposed to depart on from San Juan that you speak of. You would think that any food they have in port now that was supposed to be used for departing on the 23rd would be used for the people of PR as hurricane relief. The big question is did it stay refrigerated during the outages? Reports vary about San Juan itself and power. The airport has backup they are running on but it's limited from what I read. I can't see commercial flights resuming anytime soon, and why would they unless to get people off island. They really don't need tourists lugging bags around town or the worry of getting taxis around town. Were they not flooded out too? The cruise companies run on $$$ and they will do everything to keep what money you have given them. Shortening a cruise and making everyone jump around 2-3 days before it's supposed to leave is insane given the circumstances. How is it not a breach of contract when they shorten a cruise and don't refund the money to those that can not make the new sail date for any reason? That's what I'd like to know.

We are scheduled on the 9/30 cruise as well and scheduled to fly in the day before and stay 3 nights post cruise. our biggest concern as far as travel goes is whether or not our hotel will be fine to stay in both pre and post. I am not concerned with the cruise itself although I am rather perplexed as to why they would want to bring so many people into the port and city when things are so tentative and very unsure of conditions. I guess like everyone else we will have to wait and see.

We love San Juan, have/had plans to retire there in the next 10 years. My heart breaks for the whole island and all the islands devastated by the hurricanes.

It sure sounds like Royal believes that by next weekend The San Juan airport and cruise terminal will be up and running. While some areas in PR where hit very hard it is possible than maybe San Juan is not quite so bad and the major hotels are now or will be open doors.

It sure sounds like Royal believes that by next weekend The San Juan airport and cruise terminal will be up and running. While some areas in PR where hit very hard it is possible than maybe San Juan is not quite so bad and the major hotels are now or will be open doors.

We shall see. I find it hard to believe that they can dock on Wednesday and there will be people there to embark on a 3-day cruise.

We shall see. I find it hard to believe that they can dock on Wednesday and there will be people there to embark on a 3-day cruise.

Question...at what point does RC have to sail IF they do arrive for Three day cruise in SJ. It's likely many took the future credit. If 20 people show do they still have to cruise? Can cruise line cancel if not enough people show? Just wondering.

Question...at what point does RC have to sail IF they do arrive for Three day cruise in SJ. It's likely many took the future credit. If 20 people show do they still have to cruise? Can cruise line cancel if not enough people show? Just wondering.

They can cancel any time they want.

Boggles my mind too. I wonder how many hotels and restaurants will be open next week.

SIAP... as I haven't read the entire thread, but I have a feeling the 3 day cruise is two -fold. One to drop off or unload existing cruisers that reside ion PR. Two to drop off supplies needed as well. Being that Adventure is going to be in Port, they may as well load what cruisers can make a 3 day cruise.

Personally, I would cancel and take the 100% FCC.