TMJ, caves and tobacco?

Boatingmom

Is this doable in one day if we ferry to st George? Otherwise we'd just do TMJ and caves if we figure directions. Taxi or bus recommended??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure is doable and a lot of fun too.:D

Ferry to St George. Bus to Grotto bay Walk down the hill, across from the gas station. to TMJ.

Walk back up the hill to Swizzle Inn for a pitcher of swizzle.

THen the bus . To further adventures.:cool:

Is this doable in one day if we ferry to st George? Otherwise we'd just do TMJ and caves if we figure directions. Taxi or bus recommended??

When and what cruise ship are you visiting Bermuda on??

When you go to Tobacco Bay (which I would do first) will you be snorkeling? If so, how long?

I would do the caves next because the they have a closing time. The last tour stars at 4:30 pm. TMJ closes at sunset.

Depending what day you do this, you may be able to return to St George's to take the ferry back. Otherwise, you'll have to go to Hamilton to catch the ferry from there to the Dockyard.

SBtS

NCL Escape. Wednesday we will do horseshoe then TMJ and caves the following day. So Thursday. Wednesday night will ferry to Hamilton for parade? Friday am is still up in the air.

NCL Escape. Wednesday we will do horseshoe then TMJ and caves the following day. So Thursday. Wednesday night will ferry to Hamilton for parade? Friday am is still up in the air.

Your cruise is almost a year away. I would hold off making plans until at least next April when bus and ferry schedules are known and the schedule for Harbour Nights has been announced. It's not as if you're doing anything that would require a reservation.

To give you an example of why you should wait, next year NCL is supposed to have two ferries running for its passengers as opposed to the leased ferry they're using this year. No one knows what the ferry schedule will look like with two dedicated ferries operating.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going next week to Bermuda.

Is this doable and enjoyable schedule for the first in port?

9am NCL Ferry to St Georges walk to Tobacco Bay see unfinished church. Spend 2-3 hrs snorkeling than make our way to Bus stop to take bus to TMJ and than go to Swizzle Inn for a drink and snack and take bus to Hamilton and Hamilton ferry back to Dockyard.

We are going next week to Bermuda.

Is this doable and enjoyable schedule for the first in port?

9am NCL Ferry to St Georges walk to Tobacco Bay see unfinished church. Spend 2-3 hrs snorkeling than make our way to Bus stop to take bus to TMJ and than go to Swizzle Inn for a drink and snack and take bus to Hamilton and Hamilton ferry back to Dockyard.

The thread subject mentioned the caves. Will you be doing them?

It is doable as you wrote. Just make sure you buy tokens for the bus and public ferry, or carry coins for the fares.

SBtS