UPDATE: Azamara Journey October 2018 sailings

tromvest

Dave,

I'm kicking myself for posting this but I can't refrain any longer so I will take the heat-plus you don't know where I live LOL.

You have every right in the world to be upset and disappointed that your travel plans were interrupted. But as a newcomer to Azamara I feel you have adequately warned us newbies or prospective newbies and it now just feels like you are trying to cause harm. It is actually nauseating to keep beating this to death in every way possible. We all understand that communications were lacking and that some are getting better deals then other. But the intensity and language you use somewhat defeats your purpose. You have cancelled your Azamara cruises and moved on. It would help some of us that are planning trips if you might consider backing off a bit. What more could you expect Bonnie in her position to do but apologize, clarify when she can(such as the $100 deposit) and ask those that have enjoyed Azamara in the past to come back.

Don't forget about 3 years ago(if memory serves) you were posting the same type of posts regarding Regent and were dismissive of anyone who didn't agree with you. My assumption is your dissatisfaction with Regents communications and decision making on their Africa itineraries played a large part of why you came to Azamara in the first place.

So again, I do understand that when a trip is messed up and communication isn't what its suppose to be it can be extremely frustrating and overwhelming. But calling people bozos, talking about bankruptcy with no factual information, shooting the messenger "Bonnie" when she is doing what she can with difficult people and circumstances, is just wearing thin for me personally as I'm trying to get excited about my upcoming trips.

So I'm a big boy and ready to be blasted for this but I just had to get this off my chest.

Well said! I have blocked rallydave's posts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning

Late last night the promo with the double upgrade was on line. I emailed my TA with a booking which I cannot believe I am booking another Azamara cruise with all their problems............anyway. He couldn't do it. Told me to book it myself with the great price. I didn't. Then this morning I received an email from him. This is part of it.

Can you believe those bozos didn't have their TA booking site updated until 8:00 a.m.? That's why I sent you that email that said if you can get that, get it! (I started working on you before breakfast today!)

I hope and pray I am not making a mistake when I haven't even been on my first Azamara cruise yet & here I am booking another. They have an awesome itinerary that spends two days in Havana and two days in Bermuda two places I have never been to and always wanted to go. Plus it goes to a lot of islands in the Caribbean I love. Also goes from Miami to New York so only need flight from New York back to Ft. Lauderdale. Incredible itinerary. After doing the Middle East in April this will be a refreshing not a lot of flying

So I guess RALLY DAVE is not the only one that thinks of them as BOZOS.

Get your double upgrades guys

Kathy

Good morning

Late last night the promo with the double upgrade was on line. I emailed my TA with a booking which I cannot believe I am booking another Azamara cruise with all their problems............anyway. He couldn't do it. Told me to book it myself with the great price. I didn't. Then this morning I received an email from him. This is part of it.

Can you believe those bozos didn't have their TA booking site updated until 8:00 a.m.? That's why I sent you that email that said if you can get that, get it! (I started working on you before breakfast today!)

I hope and pray I am not making a mistake when I haven't even been on my first Azamara cruise yet & here I am booking another. They have an awesome itinerary that spends two days in Havana and two days in Bermuda two places I have never been to and always wanted to go. Plus it goes to a lot of islands in the Caribbean I love. Also goes from Miami to New York so only need flight from New York back to Ft. Lauderdale. Incredible itinerary. After doing the Middle East in April this will be a refreshing not a lot of flying

So I guess RALLY DAVE is not the only one that thinks of them as BOZOS.

Get your double upgrades guys

Kathy

You know, this "bozos" business speaks poorly of those tossing that term around. The web site went live at 8am the day the promotion started. What's the problem with that? Some people just seem to like to complain--too often over nothing.

I did not say or call them Bozos. Had you READ my post I said it was a sentence from my TA to me. He was upset that I could book a cruise that was not available for a TA to book yet. That is not complaining but a fact

jeeeez

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

I did not say or call them Bozos. Had you READ my post I said it was a sentence from my TA to me. He was upset that I could book a cruise that was not available for a TA to book yet. That is not complaining but a fact

jeeeez

Kathy

I did not say YOU called them bozos. Had you READ my post I wrote that it speaks poorly of "those tossing that term around."

As for rallydave and his "bozos," "clowns," absence of "intelligent life," etc., the less said the better. You know what they say to people who have dug themselves into a deep hole.

For the most part, I think they're getting this all sorted out. We've now switched to two cruises that we'll be happy with, and we'll see how it goes for the future.

Oops, I should have specified that we switched to two other Azamara cruises that will work as a b2b, so a fair replacement for what we originally had.

Amazingly it showed up today fairly quickly but, of course it was short the $100 cancellation while the credit was extremely strange in that it was 2 credits in the amounts of $285.42 and $714.58 which are very strange numbers and of course $100 short. They appeared to have time to come up with this strange accounting whatever but, in the past 2 weeks couldn't refund the correct amount.

The RCL reservation system, which Azamara uses, has always, in my experience, refunded in odd amounts, and nobody has been able to explain why. Happens with RCI and Celebrity, too.

I was replying to Critterchick, who I believe is in the US. I'm sorry that these rules don't apply to you, but applications for Statehood would be gladly accepted.

I am indeed in the US. And you'll note that I qualified my statement by including an out for amazing deals.;p On our first two cruises we had some spectacular price drops, but that was before Azamara went sort of all inclusive onboard. I do set up price alerts but nothing so far, alas.

The RCL reservation system, which Azamara uses, has always, in my experience, refunded in odd amounts, and nobody has been able to explain why. Happens with RCI and Celebrity, too.

I am indeed in the US. And you'll note that I qualified my statement by including an out for amazing deals.;p On our first two cruises we had some spectacular price drops, but that was before Azamara went sort of all inclusive onboard. I do set up price alerts but nothing so far, alas.

The price alert website I use doesn't include Azamara (or any luxury cruise line), and since Azamara's deals are usually some complicated version of upgrade or OBC I don't know how they could track it. I'd really like to know where you get results that aren't so fishy, but unfortunately CC rules don't allow us to discuss such sites by name.

The price alert website I use doesn't include Azamara (or any luxury cruise line), and since Azamara's deals are usually some complicated version of upgrade or OBC I don't know how they could track it. I'd really like to know where you get results that aren't so fishy, but unfortunately CC rules don't allow us to discuss such sites by name.

If you simply Google "cruise price monitoring website," you'll find one. As you mentioned, doesn't work for luxury lines, though.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Dave,

I'm kicking myself for posting this but I can't refrain any longer so I will take the heat-plus you don't know where I live LOL.

You have every right in the world to be upset and disappointed that your travel plans were interrupted. But as a newcomer to Azamara I feel you have adequately warned us newbies or prospective newbies and it now just feels like you are trying to cause harm. It is actually nauseating to keep beating this to death in every way possible. We all understand that communications were lacking and that some are getting better deals then other. But the intensity and language you use somewhat defeats your purpose. You have cancelled your Azamara cruises and moved on. It would help some of us that are planning trips if you might consider backing off a bit. What more could you expect Bonnie in her position to do but apologize, clarify when she can(such as the $100 deposit) and ask those that have enjoyed Azamara in the past to come back.

Don't forget about 3 years ago(if memory serves) you were posting the same type of posts regarding Regent and were dismissive of anyone who didn't agree with you. My assumption is your dissatisfaction with Regents communications and decision making on their Africa itineraries played a large part of why you came to Azamara in the first place.

So again, I do understand that when a trip is messed up and communication isn't what its suppose to be it can be extremely frustrating and overwhelming. But calling people bozos, talking about bankruptcy with no factual information, shooting the messenger "Bonnie" when she is doing what she can with difficult people and circumstances, is just wearing thin for me personally as I'm trying to get excited about my upcoming trips.

So I'm a big boy and ready to be blasted for this but I just had to get this off my chest.

Thank you - great post! I’d just like to add one more item for folks to consider.

When Seabourn cancelled us due to a charter, it was only 6 or7 months before the cruise and after I had made our own flight reservations. Fortunately, I was too busy for the first 2 months getting reimbursement from Seabourn/Carnival for our out-of-pocket costs to post anything to Cruise Critic.

The lesson we eventually took from the incident was that we should not be loyal to just one cruise line because times change, management/policieschange and things happen. Now we pick an itinerary and look for the best option between Regent, Azamara, Silversea, Oceania and possibly others. We’re even considering Seabourn again! Our goal is not the ship but the experience and it’s nice to have multiple cruise lines available.

Edited by azjoy
formatting

Thank you sabbo55, your preference is much appreciated <3 <3

To those who feel angry over our 2018 Cuba redeployment, please know we hope you'll come back and give us another chance in the future. We will be so happy to welcome you back aboard!

Bonnie

I don't get out here often....Is there a way to contact you? I'm attempting to book the TA in October and all the cabins appear to be GTY? My travel agent says something about an itinerary change? My wife really wants to book this but we've been bitten by GTY in the past and will not do it again.

Bonnie

I don't get out here often....Is there a way to contact you? I'm attempting to book the TA in October and all the cabins appear to be GTY? My travel agent says something about an itinerary change? My wife really wants to book this but we've been bitten by GTY in the past and will not do it again.

Hi r3131 and welcome!

Are you asking about October 23, 2018 trans-atlantic? It was part of a major itinerary change (what we call a redeployment) just announced about a month ago. I don't have access to the occupancy chart but I would guess this voyage is primarily showing GTY's because we blocked space to allow for the many guests that had to be re-accommodated, if they were to choose to move from the old T/A to the new one. Today, 9/8/17, was the cut-off date for those already booked to make a decision which voyage to switch to or to CX altogether. So once everyone is accommodated I predict the inventory will open up for you.

I'd confirm this theory of mine but for the time being our offices are closed due to Hurricane Irma approaching Florida.

Ask you Travel Professional to check the inventory again around the middle of next week and if not opened up, ask me again.