Wireless card

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Can I use my wireless card for my IPad on Rhapsody? Or do I have to buy minutes from the ship. Going to Alaska in July. Ay suggestions
Central Illinois
105,548 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Tilly31
Can I use my wireless card for my IPad on Rhapsody? Or do I have to buy minutes from the ship. Going to Alaska in July. Ay suggestions
Either way should work, but you need to contact your cellular carrier and inquire about their data rates on a cruise ship. You may find that it's less expensive to buy minutes from the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Tampa Metro
3,508 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Expect a very slow connection if you go with the internet route. I compare the ship's internet service close to 56k of years ago.

Either way you go it will be very expensive.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
--Past Cruises
Explorer of the Seas - Eastern - April 2004
Serenade of the Seas - Southern - January 2009
Monarch of the Seas - Bahamas - December 2009
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - June 2010
Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Rivera - January 2011
Radiance of the Seas - Pacific Costal Repo - May 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - September 2011
Brilliance of the Seas - Southern - January 2013
Jewel of the Seas - Southern - May 2013
Liberty of the Seas - Western - January 2014
Vision of the Seas - Western - September 2014
Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas - November 2015
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - December 2015
Navigator of the Seas - Eastern - March 2016

Future Plans -
Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas - May 2017
Up North and Down South, UK
17,008 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Lots of info regarding ship wi fi services here
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda

September 2nd 2017 : 'Rock the Boat' Cruise : CMV Magellan : Roll Call here

Bit of a blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017 here

Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016 here

Blogs in profile from Rhapsody (includes India), Legend (Baltics), Oasis (Mediterranean), Freedom (Caribbean) and others.