Spring Break for Texas or Austin ISD 2014

Biris

Hi all,

I just checked the calendar year of 2013-2014 and Austin AISD has the Springbreak week as March 17-24. Can someone please confirm? We booked for March 9 :(

Thanks,

Biris

That is what Austin ISD has posted for 2014. Actual school days off are March 17-21 + the 2 weekends. Several of the other larger school districts in the state have not yet set their 2013-2014 calendars - that will happen early next year.

Yes, March 17-21. UT is 10-14. Normally, Austin ISD and UT have the same Spring break week :confused: I'm hoping that they've made a mistake in their calendar and will revise :) Thanks DebJ14 for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

The aisd draft calendar said spring break was the week of March 17 to align with the anticipated UT Austin spring break. UT later came out with the week of March 10th. AISD released their official calendar without changing the week. Dripping Springs moved theirs to align with UT. It's possible that Austin will revise their calendar in the next couple of months. The good news is that RCCL lowered the price of the March 17th week. If AISD keeps their current week, you'll be in good shape for bargain hunting because there are a lot of ships in Galveston in 2014 and the week of March 10th is looking like the most popular week for Texas spring breaks. We're on the March 9th Navigator as well, but our calendar won't be out until early next year.

You can book both weeks. If booked through Royal Caribbean instead of a travel agent, you can be sure to be able to cancel one with no penalty as long as it is before final payment. You will definitely know which week is AISD spring break before then. This is my 18th year of living with the AISD schedule and the first time it has not been at the same time as UT. SXSW Music fest is March 12-17 in 2013. So it may be more likely to stay the same week as SXSW instead of moving to UT scheduled break.

How is that for a definite maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed a member of the Austin calendar board and she responded telling me that the calendar was approved and wouldn't be changed. I was expecting them to move it to match UT Austin like Dripping Springs did. I guess it could still happen, but it looks less likely now. Could be hard on teachers who have children in other school districts or are taking classes at UT or ACC. No spring break for them.

• 1 month later...

Archived