Dress on Seabourne

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:43 PM.
Santa Ana, CA
1,707 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Hi! The other two types of dressing on Seabourn, other than "Black Tie Optional" are "elegant casual" and "casual". I have noticed people wearing clothes they might wear for a business meeting (both men and women) on the elegant casual nights. When I began sailing on Seabourn, I was a little surprised at elegant casual, it was almost "semi formal", so I started bringing my favorite dresses to wear. Casual is just that. I've never seen anyone in the dining room looking like they just came back from the day's excursion. People usually dress pretty nicely at dinner, no matter how casual it is. I always wear dresses, but lots of women don't.

Whatever the named dress code, one of the things I like about Seabourn is how well turned out people usually are.

Jane
2,014 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
That exactly what I do! I take a blue blazer, tan and gray slacks. I also take a dark brown sport coat with appropiate slacks--also tux. I wear the blue jacket with a sport shirt to travel--get it cleaned and pressed (over night) when I arrive on the ship. It works out well. Don
Brisbane, Queensland
1,519 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Originally posted by SantaAna,CA
...now feels like an idiot since she was answering based on "girl clothes".

Jane
LMAO...well we all know that the blokes have it easy anyway!
13 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by SantaAna,CA
...now feels like an idiot since she was answering based on "girl clothes".

Jane
My bad, Jane. I could have made my sex clearer. If you know what I mean. Anyway, the 2 are not totally independent, and I am married, so your answer was helpful too.