Community Contest Week of April 9: Favorite Departure Port

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:13 PM.
USA
67 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Our favorite ports to sail out of (for the sheer beauty of it) are:
Venice
Stockholm
NYC
Sydney, AU
Seattle
Kotor
San Diego
San Francisco

Each have their own individual appeal, but all are beautiful just the same.
Downingtown, PA.
570 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Any port that a ship sails out of is my favorite port. The two closes to home are Baltimore, MD and Bayonne, NJ.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1990- Song of America Bermuda, 1997 - Nordic Prince - Bermuda, 2001 - Statendam - Alaska
2002 - Enchantment of the Seas - W. Caribbean, 2003 - Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean
2004 - Maasdam - N.E. and Canada, 2005 - Adventure of the Seas - S. Caribbean, 2006 - Empress of the Seas - Bermuda , 2007 - Rhapsody of the Seas - W. Caribbean, 2008 - Caribbean Princess - E. Caribbean
2009 - Carnival Dream - Mediterranean, 2010 - Carnival Pride - Baham, 2010 - Avalon Poetry - 1st river cruise
2011 - Jewel of the Seas - Baltic Sea, 2012 - Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean B2B
2013 - Vision of the Seas - Panama Cana,l 2014 - Jewel of the Seas - S. Caribbean B2B
2014 - Brilliance of the Seas - Norway & Iceland, 2015 - Adventure of the Seas-S. CaribbeanB2B
2015 - Liberty of the Seas - N.E. & Canada, 2016 - Radiance of the Seas Aus. & NZ - B2B
2016 - Granduer of the Seas - Bermuda, 2016 - Oasis of the Seas - W. Caribbean
2017 - Adventure of the Seas - S. Caribbean B2B
Future cruises = 9-07-17 - Granduer of the Seas - New England & Canada
2-18-18- Celebrity Infinity - Antarctica & S.America B2B2B
2-03-19 - Freedom of the Seas B2B2B
USA
67 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by wardbigpapa
Any port that a ship sails out of is my favorite port. The two closes to home are Baltimore, MD and Bayonne, NJ.
You make a great point.
Washington, D.C.
34 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Baltimore is nice because it is the closest port to me (although still a 2 hour drive). However, my favorite port is Port Canaveral. I enjoy sailing into that port from Baltimore. It is very beautiful and the start of warm weather. Also, there are many fun attractions to see and experience when you get off of the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Bliss - June 2018 (Maiden Voyage)
Norwegian Getaway - June 2016
Carnival Pride - May 2015
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas - February 2014
Carnival Pride - July 2011
New York
35 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Miami, we always go a day prior and there are a ton of shops and things to do. Our last cruise we watched other ships leave while we ate dinner at a Cuban restaurant. Then walked along and watched people bring in their catches from the day.
central florida coast
1,327 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
While the Caribbean ports are nice and Europe is great, my favorite is

New York, New York

The sail to Bermuda was a rough one on the Atlantic but the skyscrapers were beautiful with the sea as background.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Mardi Gras, RCCL Song of America, RCCL Monarch of the Seas 2X, Celebrity Horizon, RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2X, Celebrity Century 2X, RCCL Navigator of the Seas, Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Millennium, Grand Princess, Carnival Sensation, Celebrity Equinox, Disney Dream, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, Oceania Riviera, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Silhouette
To come: January 2016 Celebrity Eclipse
To come: January 2017 Holland America Konigsdam