question about getting off the boat at port

mommy22girls

Can I wear my baby in the carrier or will I have to take her out of it to get through security or something like that?? I prefer wearing her on my back but its not really easy for me to put her back there.

I'm cruising carnival if that matters.

Can I wear my baby in the carrier or will I have to take her out of it to get through security or something like that?? I prefer wearing her on my back but its not really easy for me to put her back there.

I'm cruising carnival if that matters.

I loved backpacks when my kids were little. Getting off the ship you'll probably be OK but getting back on may be different since you generally have to go thru a metal detector like the airport. So I don't know how that would work.

I've worn DS2 on and off the ship, IIRC I had to take him out for embarkation, but I seem to recall wearing him through after that. My carrier has no metal to set off the alarm, so that might be it too.

Personally I prefer wearing my kids to using a stroller, or letting them get trampled by the crowds :confused:

We just finished a cruise on Princess a week ago, and I wore my 9 month old in an ergo carrier on and off the ship for every excursion. It was a 12 night British Isles trip and very port intensive. Having her in the carrier was easier than trying to deal with the stroller. My husband would just carry the folded up stroller and then once we were off the ship or to our destination I'd unstrap her and settle her in the stroller. I didn't have to take her out of the stroller for security in order to come back on board.

Hope this helps!

:-) amcb

Archived