We have been upgraded

kinkins

Hi there we have just been upgraded for the first time, the room we now have is near the aft on deck 5 and the room has a little symbol that says it takes 3/4 people, I called and they said it was a room that slept 3, one on a single sofa, does this mean this room could be slightly bigger? We have had balcony rooms both times before and if the single bed was put out you would end up with your feet in the fridge or is that the layout would just be different? I am happy as now have a glass fronted balcony instead of metal one! If anyone could throw some light on it I would be grateful. Many thanks

Looks like you are sailing on the Queen Victoria in November. Except for having the plexiglass on the balcony, it is probably exactly the same as all the other Britannia balcony cabins. We've been on deck 5 a couple of times and all the cabins we saw were the same. Enjoy!!!

If a better category than what was booked is more important

than cabin location , then a Guarantee is the way to book.

Booked more than 25 cruises as Guarantee on many cruises lines ,

and never received the category guaranteed. Always upgraded at least a category

or two. Sometimes much better . Never felt that we received

a bad location.

When an upgrade is given, when and how do you find out?

The one time we have been upgraded, I found out by noticing we had been assigned a different stateroom number in the Travel Summary section of the Voyage Personaliser on the Cunard web site.

In our case, the upgrade happened approximately 5 days before our voyage departure date.

Regards,

John.

When an upgrade is given, when and how do you find out?

Anything from a 'phone call from your travel agent (assuming you have one), an email from Cunard, checking your voyage personaliser, or the check-in person in the terminal on the morning of departure telling you "oh, by the way, your inside cabin... is now a Q1" (well, I can dream :D ).

Seriously, you could be told in advance... or may discover when arriving to board the ship... Bon Voyage! :) :) .

We are joining the QM2 in Southampton on 15/12/12 for the 26 night Caribbean Celebration. We did this cruise last Xmas but flew to NY for boarding. This time we are travelling in style all the way. We booked a guarantee and have just been assigned a stateroom (its just appeared on the personaliser) which is a slight upgrade. Can anyone tell me if this is now final or can we still hold out hope of a further upgrade? Whatever happens we'll just be happy to be back on the most beautiful ship in the world!!

Vera & Mike

On QV215 I had an upgrade from Princess Grill (original deal was Princess Grill for price of Balcony) to Queens Penthouse only at check did they told me I had an upgrade, apparently change was within 24 hours of sailing. Door card did not work for new room so though I`d try original room and it worked so off to reception to sort this one out. Girl gave me new card, I also explained that luggage would have gone original room so she sorted that for me also.

John

Archived