Silversea newly redesigned website

WesW

Appreciate Wes' heads-up. More graphic and visual!! Looks good. Still can navigate well, find what's needed, etc. Including the use of the "My Silversea" connection. As of this morning it shows that we now at 76 days till our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back on the Silver Cloud.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 85,097 views for this posting.

OK, I give-up, tried to look up voyages by ship, no go. Called Silversea for help and they are overloaded with calls and they are still getting used to it, then I figured out how to use advance search. Tried to look up info on voyages we already have booked and tabs have the same info, when looking for hotels; all you get now is prices for each suite on the ship. All other land hotels are gone now. I gave-up and will wait a month for them to fix all the bugs. Looks like they wanted to resemble Regent web-site…..

Hmm.

I'm finding navigation to be very similar to previously, but I think the site looks a bit garish and cheap. Perhaps it's my monitor skewing the colours, but I far preferred the old site visually as it looked far more elegant.

Hmm.

I'm finding navigation to be very similar to previously, but I think the site looks a bit garish and cheap. Perhaps it's my monitor skewing the colours, but I far preferred the old site visually as it looked far more elegant.

I agree, way too much red and definitely not a good change visually. Navigation seems ok, but I would prefer the old style of getting a full summary on a screen in addition to the new greater detail.

Edited by Silver Spectre

Well, that was a failure. Tried to have a look around the new website. Not one single supplementary page would open - for example click on Silver Spirit, fine; click on Vista Suite picture and get nothing but the little revolving circle. Same on all such pages.

Tried to search for cruises - no go.

If I were new to the line and the site I'd be really put off.

Why is it that 'improvements' oft lead to such nonsense? I'm sure the design is all very clever and cool and chic but it does lack the fundamental characteristic of actually working. Still, I'm sure some IT geek in a black cashmere polo-neck, goatee beard and specs by Ikea is terribly impressed with himself.

The new website is a disaster, even from viewing on my iPad. I also tried from my "outdated" Internet explorer browser and it is almost completely unusable. I also don't get get black and white photos, nor the lack of complete pricing for all suite categories. Trying to do a quick search is useless. Guess someone should have tested it out a bit more before having it go live!

Well, that was a failure. Tried to have a look around the new website. Not one single supplementary page would open - for example click on Silver Spirit, fine; click on Vista Suite picture and get nothing but the little revolving circle. Same on all such pages.

Tried to search for cruises - no go.

If I were new to the line and the site I'd be really put off.

Why is it that 'improvements' oft lead to such nonsense? I'm sure the design is all very clever and cool and chic but it does lack the fundamental characteristic of actually working. Still, I'm sure some IT geek in a black cashmere polo-neck, goatee beard and specs by Ikea is terribly impressed with himself.

I take it all back. The site is skipping along nicely and I rather like it.

Maybe I'm too dense, but I really dislike the changes, Can anyone tell me if there is still a way to simply find a chronological list of all of each ship's cruises?

Good question on finding this needed info listing. On the right side of the main visual right under the red bar saying "Find Your Cruise", you'll see the phrasing "Advance Searching". Just click on that phrase and that gets you to a page with a large range of search options. If you pick the Silver Cloud, as I did earlier, it will show you access, as one example, to all 71 of the upcoming options for that one Silversea ship.

Good news/bad news? That collection of info on the Silver Cloud's upcoming cruises only shows six cruise for each different page. There are twelve different pages to gives info for these various upcoming cruises on the Silver Cloud. It takes more time to scan through these 71 options, but each of the listings has a nice visual for each one of the stops with the different cruises. Plus, more added info one each cruise shown on each page. Trade-offs??!! Some will like this "look", but others will prefer the older, narrower list of just more basic info.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 163,194 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Maybe I'm too dense, but I really dislike the changes, Can anyone tell me if there is still a way to simply find a chronological list of all of each ship's cruises?

Me too -- I would love to see that info displayed. If it ain't broke don't fix it !!!!!

And another who dislikes it for this reason.Yes you can find it as TLCOhio says but even then what was all on one page is now listed over 8 pages.So more time to peruse.

It also seems to try to imitate the look and feel of Seabourn's website, but is far less user friendly.

Interesting.

I find it very different to Seabourn's website, which I like, and much more like Regent's site, which I don't like.

Glad to know I'm not the only one having trouble finding information on the new website. Does anyone know what happened to the detailed information fact sheets on each port that could be pulled up and printed out? It seems like a lot of valuable information is no longer on the website.

Glad to know I'm not the only one having trouble finding information on the new website. Does anyone know what happened to the detailed information fact sheets on each port that could be pulled up and printed out? It seems like a lot of valuable information is no longer on the website.

Agree with our "neighbor" to the west in Indianapolis about the amazing group of port info that Silversea has assembled. Don't worry! It's not lost. Still there!!

How to find? On the page that lists six cruises, you will see one of the sailings of interest to you. Then, just click on either "More" or "Discover More" for that specific sailing. That takes you to the page showing a detailed itinerary with a listing of all of the ports for that specific cruise. Then click on the specific port or city name. That will show you or link you to the "Overview" with all of those details for that location.

As an example for Manaus, Brazil, in the middle of the Amazon River Basin, there is all of the detailed information on its history/background, pier/docking info, shopping, dining, etc. Works fine once you know where to look and find it.

Agree that it all takes some adjustment. But you can find it. They have not lost their great info. In comparing the details for what Seabourn, Crystal, Regent, Celebrity, HAL, etc., offer on its port, my view is that Silversea does the best with its depth of city info. I also copy this info on each port from each source on my laptop to build up a detailed computer file for the planning sailings.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 187,942 views for this live/blog re-cap with much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Terry, that's nice, and there is detail. But sometimes we just want to see the list of cruises for a ship, which instantly shows its dates, whether it is a Venetian, hosts, bridge, Relais cruise, special offer, etc. Then clicking the cruise you can immediately find tabs for itinerary, fares, etc. Very convenient. Can narrow things down quickly. Sometimes we don't need every detail of port, photos of suites, etc., until later. I'd like to see the previous list before I spend time on layers upon layers of detail. My clicking finger gets tired. And as a geezer and long-time SS cruiser I don't want to spend too much of my remaining years navigating complicated sites to get basic information.

Dieter (also in Ohio)

Terry, that's nice, and there is detail. But sometimes we just want to see the list of cruises for a ship, which instantly shows its dates, whether it is a Venetian, hosts, bridge, Relais cruise, special offer, etc. Then clicking the cruise you can immediately find tabs for itinerary, fares, etc. Very convenient. Can narrow things down quickly. Sometimes we don't need every detail of port, photos of suites, etc., until later. I'd like to see the previous list before I spend time on layers upon layers of detail. My clicking finger gets tired. And as a geezer and long-time SS cruiser I don't want to spend too much of my remaining years navigating complicated sites to get basic information.

Dieter (also in Ohio)

Dieter my sentiments EXACTLY !!

Dieter (also in Ohio)

Agree with all you say.I find it quicker to email my long standing T/A with any questions,far more accessible than the terrible SS website allows.

When checking on the Silversea website earlier today, I noticed a change. When I do advance searching on future cruises and looking at upcoming Silver Cloud options (as one example), it comes up as a "LIST". It shows all of the 70 different future Cloud listings on just three pages. On the first page, it showed the next 24 cruise options for this ship in date order. At the top of this area, it allows you pick either the "list" or the "gallery" option to go through these many potentials.

Seems like somebody has either been reading this thread and/or picking up feed-back from long-time customers who did not need to go through as much of the "graphics" look. Many wanted . . . "Just the Basics", quicker and simpler!!

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 164,225 views. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Well…. Think I am over it. I like the new website…. Have figured out how to search and find it much simpler than the old website. Also it works much better on mobile devices. Only requests I would make to the IT department is:

1) Have a share link button on itineraries to share with friends.

2) In Port view; add a tab for maps or other info on that port.

3) In itinerary list view; have an option to view 50 voyages or more per page.

I can see now, this look is the latest for energy saving on mobile and tablets devices and brings Silversea into the modern world.

Already booked two voyages on the new website and still surfing....