Bed full of paper

KORTAM

So I was just looking through the pictures of our last cruise and came across this one. For the fun of it I put all the printed material that we received in the 7 days on the bed to see how much there was. Pretty crazy.120694095_lotsofpaper.jpg.2a338bca2ad1877ae0415800b140ad67.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to make it a big image.

So I was just looking through the pictures of our last cruise and came across this one. For the fun of it I put all the printed material that we received in the 7 days on the bed to see how much there was. Pretty crazy.[ATTACH]300198[/ATTACH]

LOL...it does seem "out of control" sometimes. I've never spread it all out but I have marveled at the size of the pile while packing to go home! :eek:

So I was just looking through the pictures of our last cruise and came across this one. For the fun of it I put all the printed material that we received in the 7 days on the bed to see how much there was. Pretty crazy.[ATTACH]300198[/ATTACH]

This picture is so funny, but so true. I always put all the "junk mail" in the drawer and keep the Fun Times out to use. It certainly isn't consistent with the "green" image that Carnival tries to project. Never again will I feel guilty for not using my bath towel more than once. LOL!!

I agree, so much cr*p. :) But I do sort through and put in a pile all the paper that does not have a date on it - still in perfect condition. I would hope that those get reused without going through the recycling -Art shows, spa sales, etc. Although who knows, room steward might just toss everything anyway. :rolleyes:

I wonder if I can tell my cabin steward to not leave and flyers.

That's a wonderful idea! Unfortunately, they have to leave what they're given to pass out. We always put the "extra" paper in the wastebasket and hope that it will be recycled.

Over the year's we've found that there's less and less paper left in our cabin, and more information on the TV :)!

Edited by Plant

• 1 month later...

The first few cruises I saved everything! Then the following so many, I kept the Fun Times. Now, I keep nothing. At the end of one cruise the room steward threw away all my Fun Times I had stacked up to keep the night before we arrived back at port. I had to get a little nasty about it but they were replaced.

When I went on the Behind the Fun tour, they did say that all paper will be recycled. One of the things room stewards are in charge of is basically organizing our trash. Paper, metal is recycled, lighters and razors go in their own special bins.

When I went on the Behind the Fun tour, they did say that all paper will be recycled. One of the things room stewards are in charge of is basically organizing our trash. Paper, metal is recycled, lighters and razors go in their own special bins.

I would be amazed if this was true. As I've said, the volume of paper that builds up every day is amazing, and after a week, there would be a mountain of it to recycle. The cabin stewards are required to sort out your trash, so that plastic, metal, aerosols, razors, lighters, batteries are all segregated. Even with just compacted plastics, compacted metal (cans, etc), crushed glass, and even sometimes baled cardboard, there will 6-7 cubic meters to land at the end of the cruise. Not to mention the hazardous materials (fluorescent light bulbs, batteries, chemicals) and the deep fryer oil. I couldn't imagine storing and landing the amount of paper a large ship would generate in a week's cruise.

I would be amazed if this was true. As I've said, the volume of paper that builds up every day is amazing, and after a week, there would be a mountain of it to recycle. The cabin stewards are required to sort out your trash, so that plastic, metal, aerosols, razors, lighters, batteries are all segregated. Even with just compacted plastics, compacted metal (cans, etc), crushed glass, and even sometimes baled cardboard, there will 6-7 cubic meters to land at the end of the cruise. Not to mention the hazardous materials (fluorescent light bulbs, batteries, chemicals) and the deep fryer oil. I couldn't imagine storing and landing the amount of paper a large ship would generate in a week's cruise.
At St.Lucia, every Thursday.

The truck comes, and comes back again and again, whole day.

Garbage-334.jpg

Royal Caribbean

Grunge-2.jpg

Grunge Dept. on a Radiance Class RCL ship

Interesting. I guess it supports the local economy to send this stuff to be recycled here, but it's interesting that it gets all exported, so in the end, they are just baling stuff in St. Lucia.

I've spent quite a lot of time in the garbage/recycling centers on cruise ships fixing all the stuff. I'm just amazed that they have the storage onboard for this much.

I bring home the fun times. I've never once looked at any of them again. But I keep them in the manilla envelope I start the vacation with to carry tickets & passports etc.

Look for my episode of Hoarders to air in early 2016 :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk