Menus at Main Dining - why no "plain" option??

We are on the AofS soon. Someone kindly posted a probable menu. Looks great to me but not so much to the rest of my family. I called and RC rep told me only options at Main Dining are things like surf and turf for an up charge. He suggested going somewhere else if nothing looks good. Ya buffet!! Would it kill RC to offer some plain pasta or a cheese pizza as alacarte items?? Not a lot of dining options on A of S. Oh well. Guess my issue for a family of picky eaters. Just sort of makes me feel ripped off to not realy be able to enjoy the whole experience. I'm sure we will not loose too much weight though :D

Edited by Frznrth

We are on the AofS soon. Someone kindly posted a probable menu. Looks great to me but not so much to the rest of my family. I called and RC rep told me only options at Main Dining are things like surf and turf for an up charge. He suggested going somewhere else if nothing looks good. Ya buffet!! Would it kill RC to offer some plain pasta or a cheese pizza as alacarte items?? Not a lot of dining options on A of S. Oh well. Guess my issue for a family of picky eaters. Just sort of makes me feel ripped off to not realy be able to enjoy the whole experience. I'm sure we will not loose too much weight though :D

Not sure what ship you are sailing since there is Allure, Adventure and Anthem, but there is plain pasta available every night. There is pizza available on the kids menu in the MDR that can be ordered by anyone, there is a plain chicken dish. If you have picky eaters, ask the waiter if they can bring what you are looking for, they can get pretty much anything, within reason.

A plain cheese pizza in the main dining room of a cruise ship? Sorry, this isn't a WalMart cafeteria. The day I see that on the menu of the MDR is the day I quit cruising. What's next, requesting a plain hot dog on a stick? When people start accepting this as a MDR item we're all screwed because of them. Don't give the cruise lines any cheap stupid ideas.

Which A of S? There's 3.

a plain cheese pizza in the main dining room of a cruise ship? Sorry, this isn't a walmart cafeteria. The day i see that on the menu of the mdr is the day i quit cruising. What's next, requesting a plain hot dog on a stick? When people start accepting this as a mdr item we're all screwed because of them. Don't give the cruise lines any cheap stupid ideas.

meow

Hi

It's the Adventure. Glad to know that plain options can be had in the MDR! Now why couldn't the RC rep had told me this? Isn't it there job to be informed. Thanks god you all are around.

Hope my family's Cheese Pizza doesn't offend too many ;). We will make sure to save the hot dog on a stick for the Formal Night :D:D.

I've eaten in some very fine dining authentic Italian restraunts. Pizza Blanca isn't fround upon at all. Guess if you charge enough and give it a fancy name it becomes high class!

Thanks again for the info.

Edited by Frznrth

While I like to try the various menu options my DW prefers a steak, steak fries (kids menu - regular menu has thin fries that cool down too fast), and plain iceberg lettuce with carrots pretty much every night. Plus if you don't like the sauces on the menu item just ask - they have no problems with this. And if you want two of something or can't decide they will bring both. Pretty hard to starve in the main dining room even for a picky eater.

Hi

It's the Adventure. Glad to know that plain options can be had in the MDR! Now why couldn't the RC rep had told me this? Isn't it there job to be informed. Thanks god you all are around.

Hope my family's Cheese Pizza doesn't offend too many ;). We will make sure to save the hot dog on a stick for the Formal Night :D:D.

I've eaten in some very fine dining authentic Italian restraunts. Pizza Blanca isn't fround upon at all. Guess if you charge enough and give it a fancy name it becomes high class!

Thanks again for the info.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.....

Our Son Loved eating from the adult menu, but we traveled with a ridiculously picky 13 year old niece on Allure of the Seas. The waiters were so accommodating and brought Pizza and fries and burgers for her to serve with our meals in the MDR. The kids menu was also open to her, even though she was a teen.

A plain cheese pizza in the main dining room of a cruise ship? Sorry, this isn't a WalMart cafeteria. The day I see that on the menu of the MDR is the day I quit cruising. What's next, requesting a plain hot dog on a stick? When people start accepting this as a MDR item we're all screwed because of them. Don't give the cruise lines any cheap stupid ideas.

I didn't know Wal Mart had a cafeteria?

While I like to try the various menu options my DW prefers a steak, steak fries (kids menu - regular menu has thin fries that cool down too fast), and plain iceberg lettuce with carrots pretty much every night. Plus if you don't like the sauces on the menu item just ask - they have no problems with this. And if you want two of something or can't decide they will bring both. Pretty hard to starve in the main dining room even for a picky eater.

I would love to sail with your DW because that sounds exactly my own dining menu while DH and DD prefer to take advantage of the more exotic and varied options available- that is one of the reasons we love to cruise (and one of the reasons we were disappointed with Quantum since we were onboard before they added the simple options back to their standard menu- I understand this has been rectified).

Tell your DW she isn't alone. :) I've had waiters tell me on the 3rd night that they will just bring me the steak option that evening medium well with a plain baked potato and the iceberg lettuce, and not bother give me a menu, and I said that would be wonderful!

Thanks again for all the info but again why couldn't the RC rep have told me all this? I asked him all of these specific questions and he was completely clueless. He couldn't even send me or tell me where to find the official menue. It's great that all you kind souls are willing to do their job for them for free but it shouldn't be so.

Thanks again for all the info but again why couldn't the RC rep have told me all this? I asked him all of these specific questions and he was completely clueless. He couldn't even send me or tell me where to find the official menue. It's great that all you kind souls are willing to do their job for them for free but it shouldn't be so.

Let me answer they wanted to scare you and sell the fee up stuff! It was a nice try, but not good to handle it that way when there are many other options! If you like chicken get that classic 1 night really good!

Enjoy!

Most of the low-level reps never actually cruised with the line they're representing...so they wouldn't have had a chance to experience any "insider knowledge" for themselves, and this information isn't in the brochure or any "script" for them to read.

With the current menus, I thought the classics options were pretty plain every night.

Pimiento and Oregano Menus, AOS. I recall my kids sometimes order from the kids' menu and their favourite was the Spaghetti Bolognaise.

[YOUTUBE]D224Qw8kdR0[/YOUTUBE]

Mojo and Saffron menus, AOS.

[YOUTUBE]acJ1qfLkcGA[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

If I was RC I would make this forum required reading for anyone representing my company. This is the third time RC hasn't known or worse yet gave me completely wrong information. I know some low paid phone rep in god knows where cant know everything but even if they just printed off some of the FAQs...

Does RC monitor these forums?