It's official Mama Mia coming to Allure

would prefer it to the generic Broadway show where the actors trot around in changing costumes singing a few bars of everything while climbing the one staircase on wheels that keeps getting brought out.

HA! So true.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just spoke to RCLL yesterday about reservations for our January sailing on the Allure and was told they were transitioning to the show "Cats" on that ship.Seems someone was misinformed.

Got an email from RCI Friday and said that Cats was coming to Allure

Is that true? I do not think Cats will appeal to all. Not a good choice IMO. Wicked would have been a better choice.

If you read these boards you should note that none of the shows satisfy everyone. Almost as many seem to dislike Hairspray, Chicago, Saturday Night Fever, and/or Cats as love those shows. I tend to agree with those who feel that any of those, or similar, shows are still superior to the generic broadway style shows that feature snippets of songs from a wide range of musicals.

That's interesting so Cats is coming to Allure. Is it after the dry dock? And what is coming to Oasis then? Mama Mia?

This has to be RCL's crack IT team at work :rolleyes:, sending out emails merged with the wrong details - Oasis definitely got Cats during its recent drydock, and Allure has been announced as getting Mamma Mia (during its dry dock in 2015).

:)

• 2 months later...

Old post from October....but to confirm...is Cats or Mamma Mia coming to The Allure? I thought (and hope!) its Mamma Mia. Also...when is 'dry dock' that people refer to?

Old post from October....but to confirm...is Cats or Mamma Mia coming to The Allure? I thought (and hope!) its Mamma Mia. Also...when is 'dry dock' that people refer to?

Cats is on Oasis. Mamma Mia will be on Allure. Dry dock is in April/May.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Cats is already playing on Quantum. Not sure what's going to Allure.

Allure's dry dock is in May of this year.

Cats is already playing on Quantum. Not sure what's going to Allure.

Allure's dry dock is in May of this year.

Correction, Cats is on Oasis, Mamma Mia is on Quantum. Sorry for the misinformation.

Geez what the heck is going on with RCCL and their shows.:eek:

I just checked their website again and they have changed it again for the show on Allure, in the last day or two they have changed it back to Chicago as the show rather than saying Mamma Mia is coming.:confused:

That is rather strange as I just had a conversation with someone in Miami who agreed it was great that Mamma Mia is going to Allure during dry dock.

Geez what the heck is going on with RCCL and their shows.:eek:

I just checked their website again and they have changed it again for the show on Allure, in the last day or two they have changed it back to Chicago as the show rather than saying Mamma Mia is coming.:confused:

That is rather strange as I just had a conversation with someone in Miami who agreed it was great that Mamma Mia is going to Allure during dry dock.

Yikes...you're right. And it recently showed Mamma Mia.

Maybe RCL is re-evaluating things in terms of Dining and shows. Knew Mamma Mia was too good to be true (or fingers crossed it will still be on the Allure)

Yikes...you're right. And it recently showed Mamma Mia.

Maybe RCL is re-evaluating things in terms of Dining and shows. Knew Mamma Mia was too good to be true (or fingers crossed it will still be on the Allure)

Thinking about it, maybe they thought it better to take off the info that Mamma Mia is going to Allure so that guests who are cruising on the ship before the show changes do not get confused or perhaps upset when they find out that it is Chicago rather than Mamma Mia on their sailing (before drydock).

Thinking about it, maybe they thought it better to take off the info that Mamma Mia is going to Allure so that guests who are cruising on the ship before the show changes do not get confused or perhaps upset when they find out that it is Chicago rather than Mamma Mia on their sailing (before drydock).

Very true. It was confusing seeing the picture of Chicago but the words saying Mamma Mia

I think they are getting concerned that these 2.5 hour shows are just too long for their demographic. IMO people don't want to sit in a theater for that long when there's so much other stuff to do on that ship.

I wonder if it is because Cats does not appear to be going down well on Oasis ?

Mamma Mia is fantastic, I saw it on Quantum Maiden Voyage, I would definetly go to see it again on Allure...heck twice if I could. :D

Maybe it has something to do with Dynamic Dining being postponed,something to do with timing & dinner ? :confused:

I wonder if it is because Cats does not appear to be going down well on Oasis ?

Mamma Mia is fantastic, I saw it on Quantum Maiden Voyage, I would definetly go to see it again on Allure...heck twice if I could. :D

Maybe it has something to do with Dynamic Dining being postponed,something to do with timing & dinner ? :confused:

I certainly hope that they are not rethinking having Mamma Mia on the Allure due to the poor reaction that Cats is getting on the Oasis. Two entirely different shows and IMO a poor choice in Cats. Looking forward (hopefully) to seeing Mamma Mia on Allure.

I certainly hope that they are not rethinking having Mamma Mia on the Allure due to the poor reaction that Cats is getting on the Oasis. Two entirely different shows and IMO a poor choice in Cats. Looking forward (hopefully) to seeing Mamma Mia on Allure.

I hope you get to see Mamma Mia :D

Can they run Chicago for more than 5 years ?