Tutti salad bar?

The tutti salad bar is available in the MDR on days it is open, usually sea days. I don't usually like salads, but it is awesome. You choose what you want and they put it in a big stainless steel bowl. There are several types of lettuce, vegetables, cheeses and proteins like shrimp, chicken, salmon. You have you choice of salad dressings. They use a pizza cutter type thing to chop it all up and put it in a HUGE bowl. You can definitely make a meal out of it.

The tutti salad bar is available in the MDR on days it is open, usually sea days. I don't usually like salads, but it is awesome. You choose what you want and they put it in a big stainless steel bowl. There are several types of lettuce, vegetables, cheeses and proteins like shrimp, chicken, salmon. You have you choice of salad dressings. They use a pizza cutter type thing to chop it all up and put it in a HUGE bowl. You can definitely make a meal out of it.

Sounds great. It is now on my list of must do's. Thanks for the info!

Anyone know if they have this option on The Grandeur???

Although I've never previously heard of the terminology of a "tutti salad bar", whatever this is called, I recommend it! I'm another who isn't a big salad person, but this salad bar is awesome!!

We discovered it on Adventure of the Seas in January '09 on our first day at sea. Had it again the next time we had lunch on the ship, which was the second sea day.

This year, on Serenade, we were back on the ship for lunch one day (while in port) and were dismayed that the MDR wasn't open. We went for the salad bar on our one and only sea day.

There are many reasons why I chose the itinerary for my next cruise, but I was hoping for several "at sea" days - and got three of them. This salad bar for lunches was one of the reasons!

Although I've never previously heard of the terminology of a "tutti salad bar", whatever this is called, I recommend it! I'm another who isn't a big salad person, but this salad bar is awesome!!

We discovered it on Adventure of the Seas in January '09 on our first day at sea. Had it again the next time we had lunch on the ship, which was the second sea day.

This year, on Serenade, we were back on the ship for lunch one day (while in port) and were dismayed that the MDR wasn't open. We went for the salad bar on our one and only sea day.

There are many reasons why I chose the itinerary for my next cruise, but I was hoping for several "at sea" days - and got three of them. This salad bar for lunches was one of the reasons!

"Tutti" is Italian for "everything", "all".

:)

Thanks! And here I always thought "Tutti Frutti" was just a silly name for ice cream, despite knowing a little French and "tout" is all there also.

Tutti Frutti, al-rudy. A-wop bop-a loo-bop, a-wop bam-boom!

We call it the Happy Salad. :D

The salad station is awesome. A salad station 'attendent' (they arent waiters or servers, so Im calling them attendants, lol) will walk around as you instruct him what to put in the bowl. There are at least 3 or 4 different types of lettuce and greens (including baby spinach) and almost anything you can imagine you might want in a salad. Shrimp, chicken, roasted veggies, proscuitto (sp?)- which I might add they know NOT to put in the bowl and they place on the side! I have pics somewhere from this past June. It is a wonderful thing! I think they started it around 18 months or so ago. Before that they had a pasta station. :cool:

We loved it on the Oasis two weeks ago! We didn't discover it until half-way through the week, but ate in the MDR every lunch after that! A great lighter option. (Unless you order a meal off the menu in addition to it, which I did once or twice.! They had yummy corn pancakes which were delish with the salad.)

Does anyone know if you could put together a salad and take it to go? Would love to relax on my balcony while my little guy takes a nap and enjoy a fresh salad!

Yes, I have taken my salad to the Windjammer when DH didn't want salad. Just get a large napkin to throw over it as you "travel" so that people aren't breathing and coughing into it on the elevator, etc.:eek:

Archived