Silver Wedding Anniversary On Cruise

Hi there, My husband and I and our 2 children are going on the Thomson Celebration along with our 2 friends on the 21st May doing the Ancient Wonders Cruise.Whilst we are on the cruise it is our friends Silver Wedding Anniversay and we were wondering how to make this an extra special day for our friends, we have never done a cruise before so would be very grateful for any suggestions?

Hi there, My husband and I and our 2 children are going on the Thomson Celebration along with our 2 friends on the 21st May doing the Ancient Wonders Cruise.Whilst we are on the cruise it is our friends Silver Wedding Anniversay and we were wondering how to make this an extra special day for our friends, we have never done a cruise before so would be very grateful for any suggestions?

Hi,

Here is a link to pre-order champagne and chocolates from the Thomson site:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/extras/travel-options.html#celebrations

But if you go into the on-line booking process and do a mock booking - you click for 'choose and continue' (can be for any itinerary or dates) after you've clicked on a cabin category you get a list of optional extras - you don't need to go any further than that (you don't want to pay for another holiday!!!:eek:) but you will be able to read what kind of things are on offer and the cost - champagne breakfast in bed, flowers, chocolate dipped strawberries, cake etc.

If any of those appeal to you once on board see the social hostess or order from Reception. You can talk through options with her. You don't need to do it ahead of going but if you wanted to - try ringing the number given in that link above but personally I'd sort it out once you get there.

I've just looked up a Cruise News from one of our recent cruises (the daily paper you get each day telling you what's happening every day on board) and in there is an advert:

Celebrating on board?

No matter what the occasion, why not book one of our finest packages, Celebrate in style. Pamper your partner or treat your loved ones to chocolate dipped strawberries,flowers, a celebration cake and more. See your Socila hostess Sue this morning from 9.00 - 10.00 or this evening from 18.00 -19.00 at the Celebration Desk.

Obviously that info will vary from ship to ship - but I'm sure that there will be a similar advert giving you ideas and info on arranging something of that kind on the Celebration.

Also if you tell the waiters in the main dining room, they will get a few of the waiters to come to the table and sing to your friends on the evening of their anniversary.

There is also a speciality restaurant which is a little more intimate and from what I hear has super food and service (although we find the main dining room very good). There is an extra charge of £20 p.p. for that.

I hope you have a wonderful time - i'm sure your friends will ahve an anniversary to remember.

We also celebrated our 25th anniversary aboard the Celebration with friends, they put a message in the cruise news, (Contact Thomsons) We had a lovely time, as previously stated when the waiters know they will get the singers over to sing to you. Luckily our anniversary was on the captains cocktail night which made it extra special with our friends taking things for the waiters to decorate the table.

Archived