Dress Code For Louie's

tunaman2011

Greetings

SO wants dinner at Louie's. I am adverse to going anywhere in the keys that I can't wear shorts and flops, but she insists. And she won't settle for lunch or apps on the deck, I already tried that route.

I haven't been to Louie's since moving from the keys over 8 years ago. Does anyone know the dress requirements? There is nothing on their web site.

Thanks

Tom

Agreed! I had a huge problem there 4 years ago and vowed never to return. Horrible service and, when I asked to speak to a Manager, he appeared with an attitude.

LOL, the Backyard does have a great location.

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed! I had a huge problem there 4 years ago and vowed never to return. Horrible service and, when I asked to speak to a Manager, he appeared with an attitude.

LOL, the Backyard does have a great location.

We thought we were the only ones who had a problem at Louis's Backyard.

Hubby said he would never go back and that was after the SECOND time we felt talked down to there. We thought maybe the problem was something about us, but it is actually comforting to learn others have had problems too.

Yes, we were very well treated at Michael's.

One great thing about Key West is the casual atmosphere, no matter the restaurant. Key West casual is a pair of shorts, sandals, and a nice shirt, like a Polo or Tommy Bahama. And this goes for Louie's as well.

One great thing about Key West is the casual atmosphere, no matter the restaurant. Key West casual is a pair of shorts, sandals, and a nice shirt, like a Polo or Tommy Bahama. And this goes for Louie's as well.

I completely agree with this statement. You will see a few folks dressed up more, but for the most part, Key West is typically more Jimmy Buffet style than Frank Sinatra style.

Just got back from KW. Believe it or not, we went to Louie's for lunch one time. Sat at the outdoor bar by the deck. And............it was pretty good. Wifey had her usual fish taco's (had them 3 times in 4 days:rolleyes:) and loved them. I had a calamari and clam thingie in a broth and was excellent. Bartender was great and Phil, the current owner, was sitting at the bar taking everything in. So, my attitude has softened a bit!

I even bought a couple of hat's and coozies as my name is Louis, LOL!

Also, for you meat eaters LaTeDa has a $20 prime rib dinner special every Wednesday and it was pretty good.

I just remembered this. We took the "Key West Express" Fast Ferry from Ft Myers to KW. On the way home I was looking at some stuff they had given us when we boarded on the way down. Lo and behold, if you show your tickets to Louie's they give you a 20% discount! I was mad at myself for missing it and I then remembered them talking about the discounts you could get i KW by showing your Key West Express ticket. Most places gave 10%; Louie's was the highest at 20%. Go figure??!!

BTW, the fast ferry is a great way to KW if you are on the west coast of FL

3 1/2- 4 hours to KW, food, drinks, televisions, indoor or outdoor comfortable seating. $156/RT/PP

We are local and recently attempted to make a reservation and the hostess taking the call was so snooty we changed out mind.

There is good food with a view to be had in many other places. No need to put up with that attitude.

Salute on the Beach

Alonzo's

el meson de pepe

casual - southernmost cafe

for the real local experience - hop on over the bridge and go to hogfish grill or rusty anchor

el meson de pepe?? where is it and what type of food; assuming Mexican or Cuban?

el meson de pepe is very unique because of its location on Mallory Square. The highlight is the Latin band, but I think the food is lacking. It's good for a dinner if you are going to a show at the Waterfront Playhouse. Like Mike said, El Siboney is much better, but you lack atmosphere there.

My favorites for a good dinner are La Trottoria Oceanside, and Commodore Steakhouse.

Archived