Guarantee timing

We are booked on a cruise in just under 2 weeks. We do not usually do a guarantee booking. Does anyone have a sense of when one usually gets a cabin? We are hoping the longer it takes the better the results. I guess I am turning into an optimist though I don't know that DH would agree with that.

Thanks for any insights.

Hi Eager2Travel/Ann & Shel, our experience with GTY's in April of 2012, and last month demonstrated different timing. In April (Dubai to Athens), our suite assignment turned from an H GTY to a D suite three days before sailing. On the other hand our H GTY on Mumbai to Bali turned from an H GTY to an H with one month go to embarkation. Asked our TA to get involved to see if he could get us a more mid ship suite location than H aft. Fortunately, bing, bada, boom (within 24 hours) we had midship E suite. Ann, suggest you check the Regent website daily ("my account") you know your GTY has been assigned once your suite # appears in place of GTY. However, some of our Voyager/Mumbai to Bali GTY pax did not get their suite assigned until they boarded. Good luck, hope Shel and you get a suite location you both like.

Wes, thanks for the prompt response. Sounds like it might be useful to have the TA look into it. But considering how well you did just 3 days out maybe I should wait. I know that Shel and I don't carry the heavy prestige that you (and Ida) hold especially because of your wonderful on board postings. I do regularly check my Regent account.

Ann

We are leaving on the Mariner in two days. We booked back in April a G GTY suite. On Thursday (four days before the trip starts), our suite assignment magically changed to E. It is aft, on deck 10, and appears to be under La Veranda. But we are early risers and I haven't read that this should be a concern. On the plus side, because it is a "concierge suite," we get a coffee maker and binoculars and a cashmere blankie! Makes it all worth while.

Hort96 -just fyi, its not a coffee maker, its strictly an espresso maker with two tiny cups and takes up a bit of space on the desk area. We had a concierge suite in Nov on Mariner and since we don't drink espresso, we asked our room steward to take the thing out, as did several others we know. Went to the coffee corner for our morning latte. We too thought it would be a coffee maker, but it wasn't.

Hort96 -just fyi, its not a coffee maker, its strictly an espresso maker with two tiny cups and takes up a bit of space on the desk area. We had a concierge suite in Nov on Mariner and since we don't drink espresso, we asked our room steward to take the thing out, as did several others we know. Went to the coffee corner for our morning latte. We too thought it would be a coffee maker, but it wasn't.

That espresso maker is a waste of space. My wife loves good coffee, but that taste was not inviting.

We liked the "Coffee" so much that when we got back home we purchased the same "coffee" maker that had been in our suite (Voyager - C).

It's a Francis Francis Y1.1 machine and you can make Americano coffees using the blue "Lungo" capsules.

http://www.espressocrazy.com/coffee/iperespresso_capsules/lungo/lungo_iperespresso_capsules/53/

Incidently you can also use it to boil water for tea etc - just don't put a capsule in.

I do agree though that it does take up quite a space in the suite.

Archived