Wifi hotspots in Vila and Noumea?

Has anyone here had any luck with finding / accessing any Wifi hotspots in Vila and / or Noumea??

When we where in Noumea in January, I did have a look around the cruise terminal to see if there was any Wifi hotspots around, but could not find any, mind you at the time we where docked at the container terminal.

Has anyone here had any luck with finding / accessing any Wifi hotspots in Vila and / or Noumea??

When we where in Noumea in January, I did have a look around the cruise terminal to see if there was any Wifi hotspots around, but could not find any, mind you at the time we where docked at the container terminal.

Stu in Noumea the shop at the tourist info has free Wifi and i believe the pub next door to Fung Kuei duty free in Vila has free Wifi too....even if you have to buy a drink its still cheap

We got free wifi in Noumea in the city centre....You had to sign up with email address and worked fine for twenty minutes and then dropped out.

http://www.cruising-newcaledonia.com/internet-new-caledonia.html

Anchor Inn had free Wifi in Vila.......didn't work when we were there in Feb though,but food and drinks were nice.

HolidayPhotos592_zps6e087fec.jpg

Best bet is to ask your friendly crew. They know every hotspot in the world. (Or just be on the lookout for crew, they go to these places every few weeks)

Vila - The bar next to Fung Kuei used to have free wifi, but didn't a few months back when I was there. (Nice food and beer though) There's another bar further along, past Chantillys that does. Actually chatillillys has good wifi for guests, they might give you the code for a beer or lunch.) Couple of cafes on the water near the tourist market also have wifi and power outlets

Noumea - if you are at the cruise terminal they "sometimes" have wifi. The row of restaurants to the right likewise sometimes.

In Vila, La Tentation has free WiFi for customers. On the waterfront behind the Bred Bank, a few doors down from Fung Kuei :)

In Vila, La Tentation has free WiFi for customers. On the waterfront behind the Bred Bank, a few doors down from Fung Kuei :)

I'll be there for lunch in a couple of weeks and using the free wifi!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Hi when we were in Noumea 2weeks ago free internet in coconut square about a block from cruise port and as a earlier poster said just need email address and they send you a password.

In Villa found 5 minutes of free wifi at cascade waterfalls by the swimming pool or you could get a password for longer with a purchase from cafe

Debbie

I will be in Vila next Thursday, WOOHOO.

We always get a water taxi to the markets, and drink coffee and use the free WiFi.

So excited, leaving Sunday.:D

Hi there,

Is the free WIFI at the markets? Can you please let me know exactly where this is located. We will be there in Vila in a couple of weeks and need all information on free Wifi that I can obtain.

Also, with the water taxi.....is this new in addition to the terrible bus(?) transport that has been available from the wharf in Vila?

Hi Resordanis.

There is a cafe in front of the markets. Right on the waterfront, where the water taxi drops you off. They give you a code when you buy something, but you have to ask for it.

There is one that goes from in front of the ship, that is AUD$10 each way, per person. There is also one half way down the markets at the wharf, that is $5 per person, each way.

Pity I can't meet you there.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by Aussie FF

Hi Resordanis.

There is a cafe in front of the markets. Right on the waterfront, where the water taxi drops you off. They give you a code when you buy something, but you have to ask for it.

There is one that goes from in front of the ship, that is AUD$10 each way, per person. There is also one half way down the markets at the wharf, that is $5 per person, each way.

Pity I can't meet you there.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you so much for the information........I will think of you:D

• 3 months later...
Noumea - The park has a free wifi. You have to register and they send you an email with password. Its much better than the one where the shuttle buses drop you off.

Hi,

Is this the park at Coconut Square? If so how do you register? Any information appreciated.

Hi,

Is this the park at Coconut Square? If so how do you register? Any information appreciated.

You go to the park take a seat on the bench. Turn on your wifi it will pop up you connect to it. Open a browser and it take you to the site and then you register with an email address and your name.

It sends you an email and then you log on. Walloa.:D

You go to the park take a seat on the bench. Turn on your wifi it will pop up you connect to it. Open a browser and it take you to the site and then you register with an email address and your name.

It sends you an email and then you log on. Walloa.:D

THANK YOU SO MUCH SARAH....This information is fantastic!:D