Western Caribbean vs. Costa Maya Trip

andi_bell

Hi Andrea,

We went on the Western cruise this past May (5/5/07). Haven't been on the Costa Maya trip, but I can tell you about our cruise..it was myself, DH, DD10 and DS7. It was great, for us, going to the 3 islands plus CC. The kids loved Grand Cayman (the water was wonderful!) and we did the Tulum ruins tour out of Cozumel. Key West was a cute shopping/browsing town. The kids liked seeing the different areas and the historical stuff as well. My DH is not a big beach person, so the variety of the ports was nice. Hope this helps a little..:)

We are booking another Disney cruise and wondered about pros/cons of these two itineraries? Anyone have any thoughts?

Andrea

We picked the Western because the CM ones are only in the fall. Not worth the chance of hurricane for us. We live in FL and would not want to leave our house. I would rather pull the kids out of school in May than in September. I have been to CM and was not impressed. I love love love GC. A double dip at CC would be wonderful but, does not out weigh the negatives for us.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Close friends did the Costa Maya/Castaway itinerary and while they loved Castaway Cay twice, they thought Costa Maya was not too attractive and didn't feel overly safe. The Western Caribbean is a good itineray and Cozumel is very safe and friendly.

We had an a hurricane change of plans, three years ago. Costa Maya, now became a port. And we made the most of it! Costa Maya is 35 years from being a destinination. It's an accidental blip, when all else fails. Metrowon

Archived