Details of Intro to Scuba Dive

aabelik

Hi, I will be going on the Ruby Princess for New Year's this year and am debating whether I should snorkel with Renee or go Scuba diving. I have never done either and I know a lot of people like the snorkeling but wouldn't it be better to actually go down under the water? Has any1 done the scuba diving to give me an opinion on which i should do? Also, is there any company like renee's for scuba diving, I didn't wanna book through Princess. Thx for any replies.

Hi, I will be going on the Ruby Princess for New Year's this year and am debating whether I should snorkel with Renee or go Scuba diving. I have never done either and I know a lot of people like the snorkeling but wouldn't it be better to actually go down under the water? Has any1 done the scuba diving to give me an opinion on which i should do? Also, is there any company like renee's for scuba diving, I didn't wanna book through Princess. Thx for any replies.

If you are not going thru the cruise ship (which I would't either) you might not find a resort course in your time alotted.

There are several dive ops within a short walk of the pier on Bonaire. A nice resort with diving right out front is Flamingo Beach Hotel. I like Habitat which is a cab ride away with nice diving out front. Also in the same area is Buddydive Resort. Lots of choices and almost all good. See http://www.bonairetalk.com for more info. Also http://www.infobonaire.com

My suggestion is since you have time do the proper scuba diving classes in your local town. I am always scared for the people that do the resort dive class. A couple of hours is not enough time to learn what you really need. It is much more enjoyable to do it properly. That all said (sorry to preach) divi flamingo you can book on your own and go diving and/or snorkelling.

We went snorkelling with Renee, she was great and only takes 4 people at a time so you get loads of one to one time with her, she is forever diving down and pointing things out, she is very patient with novices (like me). But she is very popular and gets booked up very quickly so if you are thinking of going with her, don't leave it to long before you book her.

Have a great time Bonaire is our very favourite port.

Angela

Archived