Best day pass resorts.

blazzn00

Beach bar I understand, do you wish the drinks to come to you or are you willing to walk to the adult beverage counter?

My apologies what does "ability to buy other beach things" mean.

There are two docks on the island, which one is your ship using?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

If you're on the Caribbean Princess, you'll probably dock at Mahogany Bay. It's a bit far from the West Bay beaches, you've probably heard about. But somewhat closers is Little French Kay, with several packages for cruisers. Google them and check posts on these threads.

If you wish to go to West Bay, Maya Princess, Infinity Bay, Bananarama, Beachers, Paradise Beach, all have different beach packages and pros and cons. Value wise, IMO, Beachers and Bananarama are good values as they include transportation from Mahogany Bay, but they are not complete A.I.s. Infinity Bay is a gorgeous property though. but I think you have to contact them directly to inquire about day passes.

• 3 weeks later...
We are having a difficult time contacting resorts about day passes. Is anyone else having this problem? I can't get an answer (by phone or by email) from Infinity Bay or Paradise Beach. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Communication with the island is often difficult, I can only suggest you keep trying. It's an island off the coast of a third world country time and communication a different. [emoji4]

Have you hired a driver for the day? Perhaps they could give you some give you some information.

For Paradise, try the form on the roatanbeachclub.com website. They offer a package with lunch and transportation for $40/person (also bookable thru viator, which is the route I took). I've had challenges trying to email them too (ended up using the hotel reservations email), but they did finally get back to me about what/where to look coming off the ship. We'll be there in just over a week.

We are having a difficult time contacting resorts about day passes. Is anyone else having this problem? I can't get an answer (by phone or by email) from Infinity Bay or Paradise Beach. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Has anyone done an all inclusive day pass to Las Sirenas Mayan Resort recently? Looking for something new, we've been to LFK 2 times, Maya Key, and Bananarama previously. Will be there on the Dawn next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

krj9999 - will you report back on Paradise? We've done Mayan Princess twice and Banarama 3 times but are considering Paradise next time. would love to hear your thoughts. thanks

How did you like Mayan Princess?

How did you like Mayan Princess?

It's been quite a few years since we did MP. They have a separate seating area for cruise ship passengers - away from hotel guests. I'm not sure the day pass still includes access to the pool. One time we could, one time we couldn't. i found their restaurant ok, not great. Compared to Bananarama, which is right next door, I wouldn't pick it over Banana.

I'll answer my own question.......

It was ok but would never go back. Don't think the pass was anything like it was presented on the website. It was too crowded, wall to wall loungers, too many spring breakers, bad drinks, and mediocre food in my opinion. The pool was nice but we didn't go there for the pool. Live and learn. Favorite spot is still LFK.

Yeah, the first time we went was when Royal just started going to Roatan and MP was empty. Not so the second time. That's kind of what's happening at Banana. I wish someone in Roatan would follow the lead of Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and limit the passes.

Yeah, the first time we went was when Royal just started going to Roatan and MP was empty. Not so the second time. That's kind of what's happening at Banana. I wish someone in Roatan would follow the lead of Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and limit the passes.

I agree!!

I'll answer my own question.......

It was ok but would never go back. Don't think the pass was anything like it was presented on the website. It was too crowded, wall to wall loungers, too many spring breakers, bad drinks, and mediocre food in my opinion. The pool was nice but we didn't go there for the pool. Live and learn. Favorite spot is still LFK.

Hi, Sorry I got confused. Are your remarks about MP or Paradise?

I agree!!

Infinity Bay Resort limits Day passes.

They are in West Bay, sharing a property line with Tabyana so it may be a bit tougher to tell.. but they do limit. :0)

• 2 weeks later...

I booked maya key for my friend and myself. It looks good. not interested in all inclusive drinks, we are lightweight drinkers and I HATE hangovers more than I enjoy alcohol. Seems like a lot of private beaches include all you can drink, making me picture drunks stumbling around, figure I will see plenty of that on the ship.

I booked maya key for my friend and myself. It looks good. not interested in all inclusive drinks, we are lightweight drinkers and I HATE hangovers more than I enjoy alcohol. Seems like a lot of private beaches include all you can drink, making me picture drunks stumbling around, figure I will see plenty of that on the ship.

Maya Key is a good, convenient option (easy transport) from the ports in Roatan.

In reality there are not many AI in Roatan.

We decided to go to Infinity Bay Resort for part of the day this May. Will let you know how that is. I have been to IB but never done the day pass deal.

We enjoyed Bananarama a lot this past September and had a great time. We just want to be closer to the wall area this time. It was a bit of a walk with toddlers in tow. lol

We decided to go to Infinity Bay Resort for part of the day this May. Will let you know how that is. I have been to IB but never done the day pass deal.

We enjoyed Bananarama a lot this past September and had a great time. We just want to be closer to the wall area this time. It was a bit of a walk with toddlers in tow. lol

What is the "wall area" that you are referring to? After reading reviews, I think we are going to try to book IB as well for May. We want fun and not secluded... but not packed like sardines either!

What is the "wall area" that you are referring to? After reading reviews, I think we are going to try to book IB as well for May. We want fun and not secluded... but not packed like sardines either!

I believe he's referring to the area at the end of the beach where most people go to snorkel. If you are standing on the beach looking at the ocean you would walk to your left until you can't go any further.

This thread has heaps of info about snorkeling West Bay, pics and maps included.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1469343