Need Suggestions for Kids (7 & 9)

amallison

We're taking the kids on a cruise for Christmas this year and it will be their first time cruising and leaving the country! We're trying to figure out what would be the best thing to do for kids their age. We're pretty much open to anything but the youngest isn't a great swimmer. What would you suggest for kids their age?

We've only been to Roatan once so we're not well versed on the options.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which ship are you on at Christmas?

makes a difference for what's available at port.

But given your children's ages and unfamiliarity of swimming skills, I'd suggest booking an island tour with Victor Bodden or Daniel Johnson or Rony's Tours.

Victor's drivers almost always go to Victor's farm and show off the animals especially the monkeys. Daniel's place has sloths. Rony can take you around to schools and places where kids their age are. Edited to say all Victor and Rony both have websites and lots of reviews on this board. Daniel is on FB and also has review threads here.

Which ship are you on at Christmas?

makes a difference for what's available at port.

But given your children's ages and unfamiliarity of swimming skills, I'd suggest booking an island tour with Victor Bodden or Daniel Johnson or Rony's Tours.

Victor's drivers almost always go to Victor's farm and show off the animals especially the monkeys. Daniel's place has sloths. Rony can take you around to schools and places where kids their age are. Edited to say all Victor and Rony both have websites and lots of reviews on this board. Daniel is on FB and also has review threads here.

We will be on Norwegian Pearl! I've heard she's a beautiful ship and we're excited.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into everything you mentioned.

We use Rony Tours and we travel with Toddlers. This last trip, we did the beach at West Bay Beach, West End Village to shop, and went and saw the monkeys. I don't care for the monkeys thing so I stay out of the cages but the kids loved it. They can also take you to Daniel's Sloth and Monkey. If you choose to do that, I would hit that one up first and then the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend little French key. We had a large group with kids from ages 4-17 and they all loved it! Beautiful beaches and water for swimming, great food, fun water activities, and animals to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Go to Daniel Johnsons FB page. He has the cutest pics and videos of ppl holding those precious Sloths! They are so gentle and cuddly.In most of the pics, they are laying their heads down on the ppl. I can't wait to take my granddaughter there next month! After seeing those cute pics and videos,I think Im more excited than she!

• 2 months later...