Extra deep Balconies

If you look at some of the decks, the designs look more like the Solstice class ships where some of the balconies are double and triple deep. Do we think that these rendering are pretty accurate and the ship will have those extra deep balconies?

If you look at some of the decks, the designs look more like the Solstice class ships where some of the balconies are double and triple deep. Do we think that these rendering are pretty accurate and the ship will have those extra deep balconies?

I was wondering about this, too. We booked an XX290 cabin based on the deck plans which show a balcony that's about twice as deep - we're hoping it's really that way! It is a D-1 and is costing us about $400 more than the D-7 we were planning on getting, but I basically don't leave the balcony when I cruise so it's totally worth it to me if the deck plans are accurate. :D

Do you know if the Solstice deck plans are accurate regarding where the extra deep balconies are? I haven't been on Solstice. I know the first time I sailed on Liberty OTS I was on the hump and the deck plans showed a longer room, but when we got there the room was the same size as non-hump rooms - we got the plans from a TA and I think they must have been old, because when we got home I looked them up online and they were more accurate than the printed plans I had. I'm hoping this isn't the same situation, as I'd hate to give up a cheaper room and a mid-ship location if we're not going to get a bigger balcony out of it.

I was wondering about this, too. We booked an XX290 cabin based on the deck plans which show a balcony that's about twice as deep - we're hoping it's really that way! It is a D-1 and is costing us about $400 more than the D-7 we were planning on getting, but I basically don't leave the balcony when I cruise so it's totally worth it to me if the deck plans are accurate. :D

Do you know if the Solstice deck plans are accurate regarding where the extra deep balconies are? I haven't been on Solstice. I know the first time I sailed on Liberty OTS I was on the hump and the deck plans showed a longer room, but when we got there the room was the same size as non-hump rooms - we got the plans from a TA and I think they must have been old, because when we got home I looked them up online and they were more accurate than the printed plans I had. I'm hoping this isn't the same situation, as I'd hate to give up a cheaper room and a mid-ship location if we're not going to get a bigger balcony out of it.

Put it this way those balconies sizes better be accurate or there is going to be alot of people at customer service complaining once they see their balconies.

Because the extra cost is for the size of those balconies.

You can bank on them being larger then the standard balconies on the side.

Jimbo:)

Put it this way those balconies sizes better be accurate or there is going to be alot of people at customer service complaining once they see their balconies.

Because the extra cost is for the size of those balconies.

You can bank on them being larger then the standard balconies on the side.

Jimbo:)

Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

if you look at some of the decks, the designs look more like the solstice class ships where some of the balconies are double and triple deep. Do we think that these rendering are pretty accurate and the ship will have those extra deep balconies?

D-1 12648 QOS

1-A 9247 Silli

Lets Hope, 9247 on the Silli was great.

Yes they are. This is from Cabin 1243 on the Solstice. One of the nearly 3x deep balcony cabins

163270_1630049824449_2783400_n.jpg

Thanks for the pix, Smoosh21! I'm glad you started this thread - I was thinking I should ask the same thing, but I'm still kind of new here and I guess I'm shy. :o

If Celebrity's deck plans match the actual ship layout, hopefully RCCL's will, too. I'm looking forward to a deep balcony on the front of a hump. :)

I think it's accurate. We've had that large Solstice cabin as well and the match-up in deckplans would suggest that it will be the same on Quantum. On Oasis, Allure and Quantum, D1s are actually called Superior Ocean View Staterooms with Large Balcony.

Stateroom Details on the Quantum Of The Seas

Two twin beds that convert to Royal King*, sitting area with sofa, full bathroom and private balcony (65 sq. ft.).

(198 sq. ft., balcony 65 sq. ft.)

Please Note: Decks: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 Balconies range from 55 to 119 sq. ft.

*A Royal King measures 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long.

Thanks for the pix, Smoosh21! I'm glad you started this thread - I was thinking I should ask the same thing, but I'm still kind of new here and I guess I'm shy. :o

If Celebrity's deck plans match the actual ship layout, hopefully RCCL's will, too. I'm looking forward to a deep balcony on the front of a hump. :)

Might have been better off to be on the back of the hump rather on the front of the hump on a winter sailing to get more use out of the balcony.

Front hump balcony will catch the cold winds, summer cruising we would always go front( you want the breeze), winter sailing from NJ we would go to the back off the hump( much more pleasant).

Might have been better off to be on the back of the hump rather on the front of the hump on a winter sailing to get more use out of the balcony.

Front hump balcony will catch the cold winds, summer cruising we would always go front( you want the breeze), winter sailing from NJ we would go to the back off the hump( much more pleasant).

Good point. We chose the back of the hump for no particular reason and are now pleased to have done so.

Yeah, I thought about that, but I love looking forward - I was right behind the hump once on Liberty and while the forward view wasn't as obstructed as I thought it would be, it still kind of drove me crazy! It's why I could never get an aft, even though the balconies on them are pretty sweet - on NCL and I think Celebrity there was an outdoor eating area on the back of the ship, and while it was pretty to watch the wake while eating, it drove me nuts that i couldn't face forward and see ocean.

I've sailed out of NY in Nov before so I know it'll be too cold to be on the balcony the first and last days, but I figure by the second day it should be warm enough to sit outside (I'm doing the 8-night Eastern Carib on 1/3/15). Also, if the balcony really is extra-deep, maybe the back will be somewhat sheltered from the wind, but that may depend on the angle of the hump etc which we don't really know yet.

FWIW, DH thinks I'm nuts :D - he'd take any balcony, regardless of its orientation. Luckily for me, he humors me - just updated our upcoming 2014 Allure sailing from a balcony to a JS because one of the forward-facing hump ones opened up!

Archived