Excursion Promo Code!

pinniped71

And hit apply. Shouldn't I be able t see an adjustment to what I am being charged before it goes through?

You should see an adjustment when you apply. I found a 20% off one but it did not work so I stuck with the 10%. http://www.retailmenot.com/view/carnival.com Worked with no problems yesterday!:)

I phoned carnival and spoke to 3 different people. They told me they had no such coupons or codes. I sent an email to "Retail Me Not." They sent me an email saying that it was not a good coupon and they were removing it. I just tried it again and my excursion for 9 and it gave me a 10.00 discount on 610.. I then tried it one cabin at a time and what do you know, it worked! Very weird to me that both Carnival and Retail Me Not told me to forget it!

I phoned carnival and spoke to 3 different people. They told me they had no such coupons or codes. I sent an email to "Retail Me Not." They sent me an email saying that it was not a good coupon and they were removing it. I just tried it again and my excursion for 9 and it gave me a 10.00 discount on 610.. I then tried it one cabin at a time and what do you know, it worked! Very weird to me that both Carnival and Retail Me Not told me to forget it!

Upon research, it has been determined that the promotion code "bgd001" was due to expire in 2012. It was the first shore excursion discount code that was able to be inputted on Carnival's website. RetailMenot, similar to Cruise Critic, is a community based website. Users like you and I have the ability to share our findings to such providers to assist others. RetailMeNot uses a downvote system to improve accuracy, similar to disqus, where you vote up when it helps and down when not. RetailMeNot gave you that answer because of the current 11% accuracy rating. Carnival's website should not have accepted the code, but it did because of inefficient web developers and you benefited from it. As such, your mileage may vary.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=58373425&pp=25&page=20

Edited by Baymax

I'm going to ROTFLMFAO on the first thread I read where someone doesn't receive their purchased excursion ticket on the ship because they used a known invalid discount code.

You all know beyond a reasonable doubt that you're in the wrong here. If it works,,, so be it. If your excursion gets canceled. Don't get mad, just smile inwardly and just say,,, eh, they got me.

This is no different than if you go to the bank and see an extra $100 in your account. You know it's not your to take. You know it's a mistake.

Edited by klfrodo

I'm going to ROTFLMFAO on the first thread I read where someone doesn't receive their purchased excursion ticket on the ship because they used a known invalid discount code.

It's not invalid if it works on the Carnival website, it's their own fault for not updating their site. I'll be sure to post a picture of my ticket on Saturday.

You all know beyond a reasonable doubt that you're in the wrong here. If it works,,, so be it. If your excursion gets canceled. Don't get mad, just smile inwardly and just say,,, eh, they got me.

This is no different than if you go to the bank and see an extra $100 in your account. You know it's not your to take. You know it's a mistake.

That's a lot from someone who didn't take the initiative to find the origin of the code Modder shared. As if you were aware it was a known invalid code...

Mistake fares are usually honored in this industry anyway. In fact, airlines are required by the DOT to honor all mistakes and typographical errors if the inbound or outbound is from an airport in the United States. Hotels typically tend to honor mistakes as well, even when they aren't mandated to.

Edited by Baymax

It's not invalid if it works on the Carnival website, it's their own fault for not updating their site. I'll be sure to post a picture of my ticket on Saturday.

Something I always told my kids

Someone can steal your money. They can take your car. Your friend can steal your girlfriend. However,,, only YOU can give away your integrity and your character.