Help! Which cruise should we choose?

I think you've made a great choice. The Southern Caribbean ports are far more intriguing than the east or west. Dominica remains my favorite island of all and I keep eyeing itineraries that include that for a future cruise. Check our Levi Bumpiing tours ... we did the wet tour to Titou Gorge and then the snorkeling in Champagne Bay. It was exhausting, but worth every minute.

Just off Oasis, By all means check it out but why not do the Eastern itinerary?

We were on the Western and we liked Labadee, but Falmouth, Yuk!

We didn't stay off for very long at Cozumel but I am sure there are some nice beaches there.

Jewel was our first cruise and she is a beautiful ship, Being a first timer, I didn't have the expectations I do now. Then we went on Serenade last year, another stunning ship, But it is pretty boring for teens, All they would have to do is go swimming in the pool, There is only one pool or about 500 kids, Veeerrrrryyyyy Crowded,

If Jewel is going to be more expensive with the airfare then go Oasis, Much more to do

I will be taking my first cruise in 30yrs on Sept 1,2014 on the Oasis..at time of booking i had no idea about the different ships n that Oasis was one if not the biggest ship...i have learned so much in the past 2 monthes.. My advice is to do Oasis or Allure at least once...our cruise is a transatlantic with one stop on the 9th day...i am intimidated by how big the ship is n how crowded it could be (over 5,000 passengers) but have heard there is so many things going on at same time that it never seems crowded...

we are then cruising on RC Liberty of Seas through WESTERN meditterean for 7days with 5full day of port excursions .. I feel that being on the Oasis for the 2nd cruise would be a waste because we wouldnt be on the ship long enough to see n enjoy everything they have to offer...

YES it was a pain in the butt to make reservations for shows n then My time dinning in main dinning room and or speciality restaurants but I finally finished and have 13 (except the one port day)days to take my time n explore all the ship has to offer...I am so happy I will be on the Oasis for THIS TA trip...but we are already planning our next large trip to Hawaiin Islands n then western mexico, panama canel n then into the caribbean SINCE THERE WILL BE MANY STOPS I will not book on Oasis class or even the bigger ships Royal Caribbean is debuting in 2015 n 2016...the ships i pick on next trip will depend on how delux the balcony rooms are , how many pools on ship for sea days n the ports i want....I will look for smaller ships...no need for the huge crowded ships...btw the Oasis class n the newer ones sometimes have to go to differnt ports then most ships because they are too big to fit in most ports...Bottom line is that I think you made the right choice. :) Enjoy n Happy Sailing!!!

Those words jumped out at me! No contest! You made the right choice. I love the southern ports - St. Kitts is one of my favorites, so the itinerary is great. Your balcony is really a patio - that's great (you'll find you spend a lot of time out there). The Oasis ports are not attractive to me, so that was a bit of a turn off for me. If you and your husband do not plan to zip line (on a ship), ride a merry go round, and ride a flow rider, you won't miss these on the Jewel. You have enough great ports that you won't feel ship bound (like I would on the Oasis itinerary).

We are very excited ;) For those of you who have visited the southern ports, please share your recommendations for favorite tours/beaches/excursions.

Boatyard Beach, Barbados.

I think you've made a great choice. The Southern Caribbean ports are far more intriguing than the east or west. Dominica remains my favorite island of all and I keep eyeing itineraries that include that for a future cruise. Check our Levi Bumpiing tours ... we did the wet tour to Titou Gorge and then the snorkeling in Champagne Bay. It was exhausting, but worth every minute.

I agree just did this in April and booked it for next April taking the grown kids with us. My husband wanted to bring the kids to Dominica and Tortola