Summit review

LOP

Nice review:) how much was the Chef's Dinner? Sounds like fun:D

I really do not recall, but I will review the statement and post back.

I'd love to hear more about the Chef's table meal, too. we're booked for a 7 day in 8/13 to bermuda and i wonder if this is available on our cruise.

thanks!

We had to book it through Normandie when they invited us during our meal there one evening. I understood there were 2 nights this event took place during our 7 night cruise. We went on the second seating which fell on the last formal night (2nd to last night of cruise)

The meal was in the main Galley at a round table off to the side of all the hustle/bustle and next to the Chef's office space.

There were a total of 6 at the dinner (3 men, 3 women) and it was one course after another with wine paired with each course. Entrees were 2 choices although the chef threw in a 3rd choice of lobster tail for those interested. Funny the 3 women chose the lobster and the 3 men chose the steak.

And after dessert course, the chef then took fresh hot cookies out of the oven ( I watched him do it) and brought those to the table in case we had not had enough...lol

After the meal the ladies were presented with roses from the chef and autographed personalized cookbooks (be aware these books are VERY heavy/large and packing/carrying them takes stamina and luggage space).

We are glad we took part in this event and may repeat it in the distant future if we have room in luggage/carryon to transport the cookbook.;)

We had to book it through Normandie when they invited us during our meal there one evening. I understood there were 2 nights this event took place during our 7 night cruise. We went on the second seating which fell on the last formal night (2nd to last night of cruise)

The meal was in the main Galley at a round table off to the side of all the hustle/bustle and next to the Chef's office space.

There were a total of 6 at the dinner (3 men, 3 women) and it was one course after another with wine paired with each course. Entrees were 2 choices although the chef threw in a 3rd choice of lobster tail for those interested. Funny the 3 women chose the lobster and the 3 men chose the steak.

And after dessert course, the chef then took fresh hot cookies out of the oven ( I watched him do it) and brought those to the table in case we had not had enough...lol

After the meal the ladies were presented with roses from the chef and autographed personalized cookbooks (be aware these books are VERY heavy/large and packing/carrying them takes stamina and luggage space).

We are glad we took part in this event and may repeat it in the distant future if we have room in luggage/carryon to transport the cookbook.;)

Cool:D...now, the price? please.......;)

I wonder if they are offering this on all the ships.....I sail Equinox

on Friday and will be asking about it!

Cool:D...now, the price? please.......;)

Been at work all day, will dig up the statement when I get home and post price this week.

I do recall adding a generous gratuity at the end for all involved in the meal...and they deserved it IMO. It was a FABULOUS experience.

Been at work all day, will dig up the statement when I get home and post price this week.

I do recall adding a generous gratuity at the end for all involved in the meal...and they deserved it IMO. It was a FABULOUS experience.

Thanks, I am only here till Wednesday....(not to put any extra

pressure on you:D;)).....seriously, no worries....I am actually

dining in Murano the first evening of my cruise so will ask about

it at that time:)

Thanks, I am only here till Wednesday....(not to put any extra

pressure on you:D;)).....seriously, no worries....I am actually

dining in Murano the first evening of my cruise so will ask about

it at that time:)

W were scheduled to have this dinner but got invited to the Captain's table. Cost was $297 per couple

It was $279 for 2 on our cruise, just looked at statement, sorry for the delay. It is by invite only btw...I was reminded of this caveat.

Had to turn down Captain's invite since we did not pack formal wear on this trip...not even a tie, it was a very relaxing trip. I did pack a sportcoat however.

Can you explain more about the wine card? What would you be paying per glass without the card? Are these wines on the wine list or other selections? Thanks!

the price per glass is the same regardless if you use the card or your seapass.

The difference is prepaying a wine card allowed us $115 credit for $100 spent...

The most expensive glass of cabernet sauvignon I purchased was $35/glass and it was GOOD. the least expensive was about $8 and it was good.

It was $279 for 2 on our cruise, just looked at statement, sorry for the delay. It is by invite only btw...I was reminded of this caveat.

Had to turn down Captain's invite since we did not pack formal wear on this trip...not even a tie, it was a very relaxing trip. I did pack a sportcoat however.

Thanks for the information:)....it might have been invitation only and you were

invited.:)....I could still ask about it;).

Thanks for the information:)....it might have been invitation only and you were

invited.:)....I could still ask about it;).

ABSOLUTELY, I encourage it and would've asked had the invite not surfaced first.

The difference is prepaying a wine card allowed us $115 credit for $100 spent...

The most expensive glass of cabernet sauvignon I purchased was $35/glass and it was GOOD. the least expensive was about $8 and it was good.

Thanks, so the card covers any wines in Cellar Masters not just the dispensed wines?

Do you recall what your $35 dollar pour was? I love to splurge on wines while cruising!

Thanks, so the card covers any wines in Cellar Masters not just the dispensed wines?

Do you recall what your $35 dollar pour was? I love to splurge on wines while cruising!

Correction, card only worked on the dispensed wines. wines poured by the bartender were charged to your seapass or package (if you had one).

I do not recall the wine. I had it twice and neglected to write it down...duh!:(

They had a wine tasting on Summit 2 years ago up where Qsine is now located. It was supposed to be premium wines, $100-$120 per bottle, and 5-6 bottles from different regions. The tasting costs $40, and the wines were all mediocre. If I would have paid that much per bottle in the MDR, I would have shot myself. :eek:

The best one of the bunch was a Super Tuscan that you could have purchased for about $30.

Archived