June 1st announcement

Just off Majesty this morning. Probably do not have all the information that will be in tomorrow's announcement, but here is what I do know:

1. Tiers will not change. Still the same # of cruises to reach the various levels.

2. Diamond + will receive additional benefits. She did not say anything about Diamond losing anything, just that D+ would receive more/better benefits to better differentiate them from Diamond

3. Biggie for me - will be able to combine certain benefits again. Balcony discounts will be combinable with the savings certs (if avail). In addition, you will be able to combine EITHER the OBC for booking onboard OR the shareholder OBC. So now at least we will be able to combine up to 3 benefits again. I thought that was totally a move in the right direction.

LA said everything will be posted to the site tomorrow, and unlike the last annoucement, she said this one was concise and very understandable. Guess we will see once it is posted tomorrow.

That is what I found out this morning while waiting to depart and talking to Rene the LA.

Just off Majesty this morning. Probably do not have all the information that will be in tomorrow's announcement, but here is what I do know:

1. Tiers will not change. Still the same # of cruises to reach the various levels.

2. Diamond + will receive additional benefits. She did not say anything about Diamond losing anything, just that D+ would receive more/better benefits to better differentiate them from Diamond

3. Biggie for me - will be able to combine certain benefits again. Balcony discounts will be combinable with the savings certs (if avail). In addition, you will be able to combine EITHER the OBC for booking onboard OR the shareholder OBC. So now at least we will be able to combine up to 3 benefits again. I thought that was totally a move in the right direction.

LA said everything will be posted to the site tomorrow, and unlike the last annoucement, she said this one was concise and very understandable. Guess we will see once it is posted tomorrow.

That is what I found out this morning while waiting to depart and talking to Rene the LA.

So what the LA told you is quite the contrary to what was told to the OP that started this thread C&A Changes - Positive! (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page

Now, who do we believe??:rolleyes: And no mention of when these new benefits go into effect.............that's THE BIG QUESTION.

So what the LA told you is quite the contrary to what was told to the OP that started this thread C&A Changes - Positive! (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page

Now, who do we believe??:rolleyes: And no mention of when these new benefits go into effect.............that's THE BIG QUESTION.

It seems to be the usual....contradictions.

It would be nice to see D+ benefits increased. To have the same coupon books and balcony discount makes the levels seem more alike than different...other than the beach towel and CL access. :rolleyes: ;)

Of course we were told that Diamonds would be happy. Now it sounds like Diamond Plus will be happy. Hurry up and wait until tomorrow I suppose.

Gina

No contradiction whatsoever! I just added the upgrade to the coupon book, while this poster added more details on combinability

Try a positive attitude!

Wow! Everyone is so negative! Wait and see! If disappointed then vent your frustrations, if there are benefits that fit your disires, then heap praise!

Wow! that is like complaining that winter is over because it will get warm and you won't be able to shovel snow!

Try a positive attitude!

Wow! Everyone is so negative! Wait and see! If disappointed then vent your frustrations, if there are benefits that fit your disires, then heap praise!

Wow! that is like complaining that winter is over because it will get warm and you won't be able to shovel snow!

Amen :)

Thank you!! I am excited to see what the new D+ bennies are: hope it's more internet and free laundry like Celebrity.
I am going to cross my fingers and toes in hopes that D+ get free laundry! How we'd love to travel with only carry-on. I am going to think positive, positive, positive hoping my brain waves reach Miami!

I am going to cross my fingers and toes in hopes that D+ get free laundry! How we'd love to travel with only carry-on. I am going to think positive, positive, positive hoping my brain waves reach Miami!

More free Internet minutes would be nice too.

We are with you, we always end up buying more time and it sure would be nice to receive appreciation in an on-board credit for holding on to their shares:)

So far it sounds promising - I will be really surprised if there is no change to the # of cruises required for the tiers, this is one big area I thing the C&A needs to address. Unless a new tier perhaps . . . . . . . . .????

So far it sounds promising - I will be really surprised if there is no change to the # of cruises required for the tiers, this is one big area I thing the C&A needs to address. Unless a new tier perhaps . . . . . . . . .????

Eventually you'll get your wish. Just not yet. :)

The RC site will probably crash with everyone looking for the BIG announcement. I will wait till it gets posted here! :D ;)

THIS, I hate to say, is probably the one CERTAIN thing about the changes!!! LOLOL

More free Internet minutes would be nice too.

More internet would be sweet!!

And I could love a free bag-o-wash!

Let's hope that this really turns out to be a good thing......more incentive for me to apply myself harder to booking another cruise......

Wow...........I sure hope they bring back the combinabiity of the shareholder benefit.

A new level????

How about C&A Triple Diamond Butlers? They could unpack for you, take your suitcases to an storage room, hand deliver and oversee your laundry, bring cold wet towels to your gold reserved pool loungers along with your complementary champagne.....

That would give newbies a reason to continue to cruise with Royal....

Archived