Freedom B2B 11/26 - 12/10

Arubamoose

Just got down to FLL from NJ. Heading out on the Freedom tomorrow!!

We flew this afternoon on United at 2:45 pm and was really surprised what an easy time we had getting through the airport. No crowds at all. Granted we had TSA precheck. We got there 2 hours early because I was worried about holiday crowds and was pleasantly surprised. Our only glitch was that they changed our gate an we had to hoof it over.

Got down to FLL on time and got our luggage easily.

Staying at the HI Express on SE 17th. Waited about 20 minutes for their free shuttle. A little confusing because they had four different HI shuttles. Still pretty painless.

Decent room modern room.

c4ffeb039cc1eaf1d217a8373660735e.jpg

Headed out to dinner. I like this hotel because of all the options of restaurants and shops within an easy walking distance.

We had dinner at Siam House - about a two minute walk. Food was decent - nothing to rave about. Just wasn't in the mood for a burger type meal.

998671865257400e5c537e41ddad806c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After dinner we walked over to Total Wine in the Harbor Shoppes. Bought our two bottles to take on boards. Ten minute walk. Easy.

Heading off to bed soon.

Will try to do a somewhat live review. Only issue is that I didn't purchase any internet package - just what we have for our Diamond benefits.

Yeah tomorrow!!! Excited!!!

After dinner we walked over to Total Wine in the Harbor Shoppes. Bought our two bottles to take on boards. Ten minute walk. Easy.

Heading off to bed soon.

Will try to do a somewhat live review. Only issue is that I didn't purchase any internet package - just what we have for our Diamond benefits.

Yeah tomorrow!!! Excited!!!

HI CRUISERS: Will be waiting for your return as boarding the 4th for a back to back. Hope you have a great time and good weather. When we used the Diamond benefit we didn't log on to the next morning as the first afternoon had service. The 24 hour expired and used wife's 24 and they started running remaining day specials each morning. Can't wait to get 2 day each this voyage on D+. BOB & NANCY

Aside from the airport, is there also a free shuttle to the port?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

No....but the Fort Lauderdale Shuttle service does a round trip from hotel to ship and ship to airport for $18 per person. They run every hour from 10:30 to ??? The return is every half hour from 9am to 12noon. Prepaid - cash only.

We thought it was a good deal.

We did the breakfast down in the lobby. Small but clean area. Love their Cin-a-buns. The have the usual offerings - whole fruit, yogurt, breads, muffins, premade scrambled eggs, etc. just had yogurt and a banana as I know I'll be going waaaaay off my diet for the next two weeks.

No....but the Fort Lauderdale Shuttle service does a round trip from hotel to ship and ship to airport for $18 per person. They run every hour from 10:30 to ??? The return is every half hour from 9am to 12noon. Prepaid - cash only.

I stand corrected....shuttle from ship to airport starts at 6:30 and runs to 1:30.

Thanks for the info.