Database or software to keep track of past cruises?

AdrienH

I used to have a couple of applications on Facebook (eg. My Cruise) where I could list all my (past) cruises. The database contained a photo of each ship and it's itineraries from quite some years ago.

Unfortunately those applications seems to "disappear" and/or are no longer supported.

So I was wondering if anyone knows another tool, application, that provide similar database?

Other wise I'll have to make up myself some basic Excell spreadsheet and type them in manually. Just not sure anymore about all the dates ... just back home from my 32nd cruise :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

Well with those application or database, you could search, per cruise ship, per date, the itinerary, port of calls, a photo of the ship, and then you would end up with a list of all your past and eventually future cruises.

In the meantime I have just listed mine (36 so far, "found" 4 more since my first post!lol) in an Excel sheet ... but of course it doesn't look that nice?! lol Also I have some doubts for some departure dates, ports of call, etc...

I have contacted the guy from that application on Facebook but unfortunately he didn't responded because I assume he linked his application to some central database somewhere on the web because it seemed to contain all these cruise ships, departure dates, itineraries, etc...

• 6 months later...
Sounds interesting. What sort of things do you want to track? I am a database guy and this sounds like a fun project.

I too have some 16 cruises under our belt, from the past, but cannot remember dates, only partial info on SHIP LINE and DESTINATIONS, but pretty sketchy.

Is there some way each cruise line keeps records of our names. I know NCL, through Latitudes, may have my information, but not sure about the rest... ??

Any help - appreciate

alston1938@yahoo.com

I would suggest checking out each cruise line's website to see if you have an account, or can create an account to look up this information. I know I can see all past and future DCL cruises when I log in to my account.

Based on Paul's idea I would say start with what you know then try to fill in the gaps. If you have any digital photos from your past cruises look at the exif data to see the capture date. I do this quite frequently when trying to remember what day I was in a particular port.

I use Excel. Separate tabs for Cruises taken, countries visited and cities visited.

Way to go Paul!!!!! I have tabs for cruises I took with my late wife, ones I took solo, and the 13 (so far) cruises I have taken with my new wife.

I also have a tab for the countries we visited and one for future cruises.

Archived