Good cruise for 7 adults and 3 kids 11-15

sahm2704

Looking for a good cruise for multi generation family vacation in June. Doesn't matter destination except not Alaska, Italy, or Hawaii (Mom and Dad went already). Any ideas?

We need a little more info - how long can you be gone, what kind of budget do you have, etc.

no budget. 7 days to 14 days. age group 60's to 11. I am wanting to ask veteran cruisers about interesting ports for kids and cruise ships that may suit the array in age. My parents cruise on Star Princess and like it. The destinations are limited for June so I was looking for another liner comparable to it.

Consider Bermuda. If you want to sail from a US port in June, you are limited as to cruise lines, as most of the ships have left for Europe and Alaska. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and an occasional NCL ship for short cruises to the Bahamas. For Bermuda, you have Celebrity, NCL, and Royal Caribbean. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

excluding Alaska because my parents went 6 months ago. Activities : shows for both kids and adults separately, cooking, dancing (for the cruise part). For the ports : everything. Everyone can do hikes or physical activities, site seeing, zoos, museums. What cruise is the best in June

I was going to suggest Australia since it appears no one in your group has ever been there and it is ideal for children due to the extraordinary animal life. There is a RCCL cruise that goes from Sydney with several stops in Australia, then Bali and terminates in Singapore. Also a Princess cruise from Perth, north around Australia and back down to Sydney. Australia is all about eco-tourism - hiking/bush walking, zoos, enjoying nature, snorkeling, scuba, sailing, Either of these cruises would be fabulous!

Have you cruised Disney? Do they have evening shows for adults only? I looked at the website and I only see kid friendly shows.

Disney's shows are one of the best at sea. They are high quality broadway style, yes they include disney characters but they are not kid shows. They are great for all ages.

On Disney ships they also have an adult area in which there are some entertainment which is less kid appropriate.

That said the adult only areas are not overly busy, since the majority of the cruisers are families. On a 7 day cruise you would get a couple of comedy type shows and the rest would be music type (in the adult areas).