invites and RSVP dates

I am getting married December 9th, and am asking for RSVPs on October 27th, and sent them in early September. I think March is way too early for a July wedding. Yes, you need to get everything sent a month beforehand, but you don't wanna be too pushy. I would probably ask for them AT THE EARLIEST in May, depending on how late into July it is. People might not be sure about their funds to go until a few weeks before, so 4 months is a little much in my opinion.

How far in advance are you mailing invites and asking for RSVP? My wedding is in July. I am thinking about mailing in January and asking for reply by March. I want to make sure I have all the information needed in time.

i agree with being early. for me, considering we need to submit a complete guest list with all their info 60 days before the wedding date (for NCL), i'm sending them out by Halloween or mid-November, and asking for RSVPs by the end of December. that will give me some time to get everything together and send it back to them by the very beginning of January and our wedding date is March 4, 2013.

you can afford to play with a month or two.

I'm sending out my invitations this week for my wedding on Feb 28th and am asking for RSVPs by Dec 31st. That will give me about a month to get everything in order before i have to turn in my guest list. It will also give me time to go through those requesting to be non-sailing so I can make sure I don't exceed my 50 max (or give me time to beg Carnival to allow me to have more).

How far in advance are you mailing invites and asking for RSVP? My wedding is in July. I am thinking about mailing in January and asking for reply by March. I want to make sure I have all the information needed in time.

Mailing or hand delivering ours in Jan.

RSVP date is end of March.

Wedding 6th April, but home party is 27th April

We sent save the dates out between July and September.

We will send invites out the beginning of March and request RSVP's back the first week in May.

Our wedding is June 2, 2013.

Things come up and people change their minds so I do not want to request RSVPs too early and end up having people dropping like flies.

My TA wanted me to ask to RSVP 8 months in advance so that at least you can know who is planning on attending.....it depends on you....my RSVP does not state that a cabin has to be booked i really just want to know how many people are even considering coming to the wedding......i know people will book when they are ready.......in my opinion i would want everyone to have the deposits down before 4 months of the wedding thats just my opinion.......

Archived