Cozumel Palace or El Cid

Arrow Fan

We have been 2 El Cid once. Usually we go to Nachi, but now we have several people who don't drink and we all want to be together so we tried El Cid and we are going back there this cruise. What we like about El Cid is that it is within walking distance from the Pier and you can either pay the all inclusive or pay $15 to use the facilities. If you pay the $15 you get a $10 voucher for food, drinks. The swimming pool is very nice and the hot tub is actually hot. Nachi's is never hot. The only drawback is that it is not a beach where you can just gradually walk in the water. They have a few lounge chairs on the beach to use but to go into the water you need to go down some steps. Now they do have a little area off to the side where they have a little restaurant and you can walk into the water there. The food was good if I remember right. Again what we like is that you can choose if you want all inclusive or not and we are all together. Ask if you need more info.

Thanks nowendy. Can you just walk up without reservations and pay the $15?

Since you originally asked about Cozumel Palace or El Cid I presumed you were considering booking through Cozumel for a day.

We have not been to Cozumel Palace but I did email to ask for rates and you can pay directly for a day pass there as well but it is more expensive to pay directly than through Cozumel for a Day.

We have been to El Cid and as the previous poster said it is very convenient if your ship docks at International or Puerto Mayo. You can pay the hotel directly without reservations. They have an all-inclusive charge, (which certainly used to be less than Cozumel for a Day but may have increased since last year), pay the $15 as the previous poster described or pay as you go which is what we have done if we didn't want wi-fi and facilities, (not sure if you could use the pool if you do pay as you go as we didn't try it last time).

Another all-inclusive close to the piers is Park Royal which is $40 for adults and $20 for children under 12. I haven't tried that either yet but I have looked round the grounds which are larger and probably nicer than El Cid if that is important to you. If I was going to do all-inclusive I would probably go there since it is less expensive than El Cid but they are only all-inclusive and will not let you pay as you go, so it depends how much time you have whether it is worthwhile.

We just got back from our cruise this past Sunday, and we went to El Cid-the price has goine up to 16.00 dollars, but out of that 16.00 you get a 10.00 food /drink credit.

Get off the ship, go through the tourist port area, and walk down the street to your left. (If you dock at Puerto Maya.) The walk is two quick blocks. The 16.00 includes use of the pool, the hot tub, walk in snorkeling and the beach area. There is a dive shop on sight, if you need to rent equipment. Or if you want to take a class, or scuba, from shore or from a boat off shore. Dive with assistant 55.00 (DH asked, and this is from the sight, not using a boat)

Beach area-very small but easy walk in to the sea-

IMG_2626_zps73de4cca.jpg?t=1348017068

A view back towards the ships-Paradise in Front, then the Legend

IMG_2627_zps19f7358f.jpg?t=1348017067

The walk in to the water for snorkelers and divers-

IMG_2623_zps364c188a.jpg?t=1348017062

and a view of the beach-with friends-dive shop in the back ground-

IMG_2630_zps43a0b0d4.jpg?t=1348017073.

The food was very good, I had cheese quesidillas and it came with the best quacamole I have ever had. The DH got shrimp empanadas, and we shared our lunches and got a couple of cokes, with tip it came to 25.00 and we had the 20.00 worth of food credit, so we only had to shell out 5.00.

We saw lots of fish while snorkeling, and there is an underwater plane wreck, which the DH swam out to check out, but I did not.

Hope this helps.

I will say this, for what was there @ El Cid-I would choose this place again in a heart beat. There is a web site that sells day passes -something along the line of Cozumel Day Pass- they do not offer the facilites day pass at El Cid. The only way you can get the 16.00 facilities day pass is to walk up and buy it. I want to go back-this was my favorite of all the port days!

• 4 weeks later...

I am really interested in going to El Cid, i seems perfect for what we want easy place to get to and snorkel. Did you birn your own towel or did they provide them, I am going with my 2 DD so I would just do the day pass not the inclusive

Archived