Spa services (basic massage) ON SHORE? PV, Maz, and Cabo

artist47

? Anyone know anything?

I'd rather save some money and get a massage locally than onboard where its so expensive. If anyone has any information I would deeply appreciate it and will help you with your questions about other things if I can....

Happy sailing!

In Cabo there is a great place in the harbor area. Wish I could remember the name, but I go there after my cantina crawl each visit. :)

If you go around the harbor, as if you are heading into town, you will see Captain Tony's, then Soloman's Landing, then Wamongo. Next to Wamongo you will find some people standing at a lecturn. They are the front people selling the massages. As of my last visit in December, the price was $20 for an hour long massage.

Tho I have never been, in PV there is a place called Venus Sunshine Spa. It is "supposedly" about 5 minutes by taxi from the dock. 75 minutes for $40. They offer Swedish, Hot Stone, Therapeutic, four hands, and couples massages. Again, I have never been, but have planned to.

By Maz, are you referring to Mazatlan? I didn't think any ships were going there. If you meant Manzanillo, then skip this part. :)

Last time in Mazatlan we went to a very nice place called Aroma Spa. I think the massages were $20 an hour. They also offered all the different kinds of massages, including couples and multiple hands (2 people working on you at the same time). Since being there, they have changed owners (was owned by an American) and the name to Athina Spa. They have a very nice website and you can check them out. Just type in the name as one word and add dot com.

So those are the places I have been to, or in the case of PV - heard about. Enjoy your massage(s). I know I do... :D

Bob

Thank you so much Bob...I truly do appreciate all the info!!!! Really great and very detailed.

Yes, I did mean Mazatlan....NCL Star stops there. :)

I was there back in the 90's on a land vacation and loved it ....I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your post...I think I will probably do the massage in Cabo....those prices are jaw dropping! :) Thanks again!

? Anyone know anything?

I'd rather save some money and get a massage locally than onboard where its so expensive. If anyone has any information I would deeply appreciate it and will help you with your questions about other things if I can....

Happy sailing!

Agree with xbatt8 on Cabo, we just got one there last month, I believe it was $25. You will see a lady standing out on the walkway by the bars behind a little podium. Here is a map of the general area. Cabo Massage

As for PV, we didn't do one this year but last year there was a place right across from the main dock that Carnival uses. I have centered the map on the location of buildings. PV Massage I believe it was $30 in PV

Edited by waASPCrusier

Thank you so much Bob...I truly do appreciate all the info!!!! Really great and very detailed.

Yes, I did mean Mazatlan....NCL Star stops there. :)

I was there back in the 90's on a land vacation and loved it ....I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your post...I think I will probably do the massage in Cabo....those prices are jaw dropping! :) Thanks again!

Mazatlan, we just went to Stone Island and didn't see anything there, but in the past we have seen signs downtown/hotel area for massages.

You guys are so nice and very, very helpful!!! Thank you so much!!!

I am trying to figure out which port I want to do this in...I've never been to PV and so that's a quandary....also, because I am a painter, I want to paint at least one scene in each port...obviously, Lands' End Arch at Cabo is a beautiful scene....and I could do Stone Island, either actually on the island, or from shore/beach as a distance study....but ...I don't know....

I'm just really grateful for your answers. They will definitely help me in planning,a nd I have printed them out. (Don't worry -- I have not forwarded them to the White House. JUST KIDDING!!!!)

:) Thanks again both of you so much

You guys are so nice and very, very helpful!!! Thank you so much!!!

I am trying to figure out which port I want to do this in...I've never been to PV and so that's a quandary....also, because I am a painter, I want to paint at least one scene in each port...obviously, Lands' End Arch at Cabo is a beautiful scene....and I could do Stone Island, either actually on the island, or from shore/beach as a distance study....but ...I don't know....

I'm just really grateful for your answers. They will definitely help me in planning,a nd I have printed them out. (Don't worry -- I have not forwarded them to the White House. JUST KIDDING!!!!)

:) Thanks again both of you so much

Glad to help.

My suggestion would be a massage in cabo if I had to choose. IMO, PV has so many neat things to see, we always just grab a local bus right across from Walmart, and head downtown to walk around. In Mazatlan we walk to the water taxi for Stone Island and then enjoy the day at one of the many local places on the water. The couple of times we went to the hotel zone in Mazatlan we didn't really care for it. But to each their own. :)