Royal Caribbean Beach Snorkel

VaCruzers

Has anyone done this? At what beach does this take place? Is there transportation to the beach? Is it at or near Majahual so that you could just stay there at the end of the tour time? How did you like the snorkeling?

Thanks for any info!

• 2 weeks later...

My hubby and I did the beach snorkel in April of 04 and we loved it.

Actually, the people who had reservations to snorkel from a boat had their excursions cancelled due to the choppy water, so we were even more excited to be able to snorkel. They took us by bus about 30 minutes away from what I recall. There were restroom facilities with showers on site and a nice bar. We were given individual attention and explanations were made about how to snorkel for those who didn't know how. There were about 6 "instructors" who stayed with our group...They were very knowledgeable and helpful. I don't recall how long we stayed in the water and on the beach, but we never felt rushed. When we returned to Costa Maya we had plenty of time to walk around and shop. We even went back onto our ship and got the video camera to tape fish and other sea life in the tidal pools that are along the walk way.

We loved Costa Maya and the snorkeling...

it is a port that we hope hasn't changed much--we are thinking of taking our daughters there next spring, unless our plans change....

--Susan

???Splendour April 06

Yes, we made our reservation through the cruise line.

We went snorkeling from the beach, but there was a coral reef out in the water in this area. We took an inexpensive underwater camera with us and got some wonderful photos, too. Lots of colorful fish to see.

=Susan

?Splendour April 06?

• 4 months later...
Could anyone tell what beach this tour goes to? The age requirement says 12 years old and my son is 11. We would like to take this tour. Does anyone know if they are strict about this age requirement?:)

It was not a well-known beach--it was more like a private beach...there were no houses for quite a distance...

there were kids on our tour that were probably younger than 12...but I cannot be sure...I think the cruise line books this excursion, so since they have your son's age, they may not allow you to book. I would call Royal Caribbean and ask them...

--Susan

Archived