Trip Insurance Rates Are High

al kabel

We always take trip cancellation insurance but have noticed the prices have almost doubled within the last year. We are searching for less expensive company to use...any help would be appreciated.

Try these websites:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com

I noticed only a slight increase in premium when compared to our last cruise a few years ago. But one thing that really jumps the rate is when you cross over into the next age bracket... like 50 or 70.

I noticed only a slight increase in premium when compared to our last cruise a few years ago. But one thing that really jumps the rate is when you cross over into the next age bracket... like 50 or 70.

But the price of the cruises have gone bonkers so more $$$$$ for cruise more the insurance.

When buying TI some of the companies mentioned will tell you whether the medical coverage is secondary or primary. BUY PRIMARY, to keep from jumping many potential hoop to get your money back, especially if on Medicare and the Medicare supplement.

We always take trip cancellation insurance but have noticed the prices have almost doubled within the last year. We are searching for less expensive company to use...any help would be appreciated.

Directlinecruises gives free basic insurance and the upgrade to premium was only $39 each for us.

Yes they are especially if you are over 70.

I went back and looked at my spreadsheet where I was doing my comparisons and planning. The rates for our trip seemed to be between 4% and 7% of the total trip price. I chose the least expensive option, which ironically had better coverage limits than the 2nd most expensive policy. In fact, I went ahead and added CFAR on top of that because it was only an extra $140 with the company I chose (globalalerttravel). All of the others were much more expensive to add CRA. In fact, one was going to end up almost doubling the price of the insurance to add it. My advice is to really shop around.