TravMed Choice travel insurance

skoeper

While I don't have any experience with this plan or company, I was curious about the price. I looked at their website and noted a couple things:

1. This is not a comprehensive policy,it is a medical only plan (which does include trip interruption for medical reasons).

2. Being a medical only plan, it does not cover for trip cancellation. At All.

3. It has a deductible, which is rare (unheard of?) in most comprehensive travel plans

4. The price for this plan (using lowest coverage amount of $50 k and $100 deductible) was almost 50% more than a comprehensive plan we purchased this year with double the medical, no deductible and $2000 pp worth of cancellation/$3000 interruption. YMMV based on age, residence or destination, but it doesn't look too attractive to me.

Are you looking for just a medical plan? Have you compared it with one of the comprehensive offerings from tripinsurancestore or squaremouth?

Edited by cherylandtk

While I don't have any experience with this plan or company, I was curious about the price. I looked at their website and noted a couple things:

1. This is not a comprehensive policy,it is a medical only plan (which does include trip interruption for medical reasons).

2. Being a medical only plan, it does not cover for trip cancellation. At All.

3. It has a deductible, which is rare (unheard of?) in most comprehensive travel plans

4. The price for this plan (using lowest coverage amount of $50 k and $100 deductible) was almost 50% more than a comprehensive plan we purchased this year with double the medical, no deductible and $2000 pp worth of cancellation/$3000 interruption. YMMV based on age, residence or destination, but it doesn't look too attractive to me.

Are you looking for just a medical plan? Have you compared it with one of the comprehensive offerings from tripinsurancestore or squaremouth?

Thanks for the info! What company did you get yours through that has twice the medical and no deductible?

I'm looking for specifically medical and emergency evacuation. I can absorb the price of the cruise and the travel but medical expenses outside the U.S. can be awful. I think I found this in insuremytrip. I haven't checked squaremouth, this is the first I've heard about that one. I will def check that one out too.

Shari,

I purchased my plan via the Trip Insurance Store. I would start there, as they only sell plans they feel comfortable standing behind. If all you need is the medical, I am sure Steve and his folks can find you a better policy and at a better price.