I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

A Soleri windchime - long story short: an eccentric architect/artist builds a spaceship looking compound in rural Scottsdale (now the hoity toitiest part of the metro Phoenix area) decades ago...FF to today and it's still a working studio open to the public, but dead center in a neighborhood of million dollar mansions. I think every few years the locals try to buy it out - the caretakers just laugh. An awesome place to go and just hang and share the peaceful karma:

sd02.jpg

Edited by shootr

I didn't actually take these today. In fact, the large one was taken by my daughter via my coaching from 2500 miles away. What I did do today (finished, at least) was make the frames for them for said daughter. I prefer more exotic woods and finishes but she loves the rustic look. Mixing two hobbies is somehow more than twice as satisfying as either one by itself!

p1413341080-4.jpg

p1413339513-4.jpg

p1413339510-4.jpg

p1413339514-4.jpg

I may have to do some of these for our home...

Dave

Edited by pierces

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440208110.930510.jpg.896f409341ad137c9614ceae70d2e40a.jpg

My last downloads taken at the Pan Am games here in Toronto recently. This is my girlfriend running with the torch, the closing ceremony and the now iconic Toronto sign.

This is my first time posting in a long while, C.C., or my computer, won't allow me to post pics, no matter which method I try. Now using Tapatalk so fingers crossed.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207893.646543.jpg.6d5cd345ad44936d8edc915212875dda.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440208081.209979.jpg.a161f37bfee0b7abde74d2ae2f7362e6.jpg

I didn't actually take these today. In fact, the large one was taken by my daughter via my coaching from 2500 miles away. What I did do today (finished, at least) was make the frames for them for said daughter. I prefer more exotic woods and finishes but she loves the rustic look. Mixing two hobbies is somehow more than twice as satisfying as either one by itself!

p1413341080-4.jpg

p1413339513-4.jpg

p1413339510-4.jpg

p1413339514-4.jpg

I may have to do some of these for our home...

Dave

The picture with the hearts is my favorite.

From the family gathering over the weekend.

Cakes should be stored in a safe place until it's time to sing...

p1441402383-5.jpg

Dave

DW made our son's wedding cake. Beautiful. We were in the process of selling our house, and there were a couple of showings the day before the wedding. Someone thought it would be a good idea to check if the cake was real.:eek: I would have taken pictures, but was afraid DW would hurt me.

DW made our son's wedding cake. Beautiful. We were in the process of selling our house, and there were a couple of showings the day before the wedding. Someone thought it would be a good idea to check if the cake was real.:eek: I would have taken pictures, but was afraid DW would hurt me.

Photographers brave all kinds of dangers in the quest for unique and timely shots. That said, I commend you for your prudence...and subsequent survival!

Dave

Thank you! Me too!

Heavy crop of a hummer that stopped by to take a drink at my feeder before heading on south.

21095082120_7aeec84121_b.jpgHummingbird by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

We always put up 2 hummingbird feeders.

This year we had 3 families and they had 2 sets of babies.

The first family and their babies left a couple of weeks ago. The second family left right before Labor Day. We still have 2 family with their 2 newest babies.

There were a lot of wars this year over the feeders.