Best seafood?

rbj287

I'm not a local, but I can tell you where we ate. In Boston, we ate at the Legal Seafood on Long Wharf. It's across the street from the aquarium. Those were the best fish and chips we had all week. I'm sure they had other seafood too. You didn't mention Boston, but in case you will be starting in Boston, I included it.

In Bar Harbor, there was a seafood place right at the dock. It had picnic tables. It was a pretty good meal. However, we did not notice the sign that said discount for cruise passengers. So we missed out on the discount.

In Halifax, we walked from the maritime museum over to the boardwalk and went left, through the historic properties area and had lunch on the waterfront at Salty's. It was good too and we had a wonderful table by the window.

I'm not a local, but I can tell you where we ate. In Boston, we ate at the Legal Seafood on Long Wharf. It's across the street from the aquarium. Those were the best fish and chips we had all week. I'm sure they had other seafood too. You didn't mention Boston, but in case you will be starting in Boston, I included it.

In Bar Harbor, there was a seafood place right at the dock. It had picnic tables. It was a pretty good meal. However, we did not notice the sign that said discount for cruise passengers. So we missed out on the discount.

In Halifax, we walked from the maritime museum over to the boardwalk and went left, through the historic properties area and had lunch on the waterfront at Salty's. It was good too and we had a wonderful table by the window.

I have heard that McKelvie's in Halifax is wonderful!

Mussels in Charlottetown are out of this world.

There are at least four Legal Seafood restaurants in Boston. The newest is on Long Wharf and is wonderful. IMO, the best. We used to go to Aquarium and still really like it but the new one is better IMO

Can you recommend the best seafood places you have eaten not too far from port? We will be in Montreal, Quebec City, Charlottestown, Halifax and Bar Harbor. Thank you :)

In Bar Harbor, I would recommend the Fish House Grill at the town (tender) dock, Stewman's Lobster Pound to the right when leaving the tender dock and the West Street Cafe to the right when leaving the tender dock.

SBtS

Thank you so much for all the info, we are definitely going to try to give many of these places a try. We are leaving Friday to go up to Canada for our cruise, so excited!

• 3 weeks later...
Mussels in Charlottetown are out of this world.

There are at least four Legal Seafood restaurants in Boston. The newest is on Long Wharf and is wonderful. IMO, the best. We used to go to Aquarium and still really like it but the new one is better IMO

I think you mean the newest Legal's which is callled "Harborside". It is their "flagship" restaurant and is quite an experience. It is not at Long Wharf but is down closer to Black Falcon (actually a 1/2 mile walk from the pier) It actually is on the site of the old famous "Jimmy's Harborside" which went out of business (thank god!) about 10 years ago. Also, there are several other very good restaurants at the same complex. Del Friscos steak house, a good Italian place called "Strega" , Jerry Remy's Sports Bar Restaurant and a mexican place.

LOL, I should know, my wife works for Legal! Prices are pretty high but they do do an excellent job and they are very very serious about their claims of freshness and quality.

Archived