Your pre-cruise traditions...

Thebosn1

Does anyone else have a specific pre-cruise activity that has become a tradition for them?

For example, years ago I started having steak and eggs the morning that we leave home for our trip. We always seem to leave at a very early hour the day prior to sail-away. My wife, despite being up hours before me, is normally still running around doing last minute things, so I have time :cool:.

Not really superstitious, but now I feel as if it would jinx the whole trip if I don't have my steak and eggs! My wife has capitalized on this by demanding a banana nut muffin at the airport as we start each trip haha.

Anyone else?

Edited by Thebosn1

Egg mcMuffin and coffee (Starbuck's) on way out of town heading to port or hotel prior to cruise. Also, text youngest daughter (now 22), as we cross each state line. We text just the name of the state; she knows what it means.:)

Does anyone else have a specific pre-cruise activity that has become a tradition for them?

For example, years ago I started having steak and eggs the morning that we leave home for our trip. We always seem to leave at a very early hour the day prior to sail-away. My wife, despite being up hours before me, is normally still running around doing last minute things, so I have time :cool:.

Not really superstitious, but now I feel as if it would jinx the whole trip if I don't have my steak and eggs! My wife has capitalized on this by demanding a banana nut muffin at the airport as we start each trip haha.

Anyone else?

We EAT OUT DINNER for the last few days before a cruise and make sandwiches for lunch to save on time. We use the time that we would spend on cooking and run last-minute errands like picking up dry cleaning for the trip and/or any number of things that may come up........

We also stay up late the night before because we tell ourselves that we are ALREADY on vacation and can do that!!!!

I am the early bird so I get up EXTRA EARLY and imagine that in a few hours w will be sailing away.......again..........Oh, the anticipation!!!!!!

We EAT OUT DINNER for the last few days before a cruise and make sandwiches for lunch to save on time. We use the time that we would spend on cooking and run last-minute errands like picking up dry cleaning for the trip and/or any number of things that may come up........

We also stay up late the night before because we tell ourselves that we are ALREADY on vacation and can do that!!!!

I am the early bird so I get up EXTRA EARLY and imagine that in a few hours w will be sailing away.......again..........Oh, the anticipation!!!!!!

I love yours! I'm adding it to mine!:) now the trip can last days longer!

We eat dinner out the last couple days also. We eat breakfast the day of at our favorite local diner.

Also hubby and I both get a massage the day before. Saves $ doing it on the ship and helps us relax and sleep that night thru being excited to board.

Our vacation starts when we leave work. Something quick and easy for dinner the night before our drive to port. Then we always splurge for the dinner the night before we sail. This year will be our anniversary so it will be even more special!

Breakfast at "BOB EVANS" when we leave, the morning of the cruise. The wait staff there knows when we come in early, that we're embarking on another "cruise adventure". :cool:

"SKY"

May have to borrow this one, I grew up in Ohio and Love Bob Evans, unfortunately there are none in Georgia

We also do "cruise time" every day for a while watching youtube videos, reading reviews, and so forth. It is sort of a vicarious cruise before the actual cruise. You guys that watch Titanic are just weird imho. :rolleyes: To each his own I guess. Talk about bad vibes! :eek:

We also do "cruise time" every day for a while watching youtube videos, reading reviews, and so forth. It is sort of a vicarious cruise before the actual cruise. You guys that watch Titanic are just weird imho. :rolleyes: To each his own I guess. Talk about bad vibes! :eek:

You're right...terrible movie. Maybe we should watch Poseidon Adventure instead? Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Breakfast at "BOB EVANS" when we leave, the morning of the cruise. The wait staff there knows when we come in early, that we're embarking on another "cruise adventure". :cool:

"SKY"

Bob Evans is a restaurant??? I love their packaged mashed potatoes!

No, no -- Wall-E. The cruise ship docked safely and the fact that the passengers were happy to get off can give us all hope for not being completely devastated at the end of the cruise.

Isn't there a Dr. Who episode with a cruise ship in space? I feel some Netflix binging in my future...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app