Bringing Cruise-life Back to Land-life

ChicagoCrafter

Whenever I come back from a cruise I always go through a phase of trying to "bring ship life back to land life" - it never lasts as long as I'd like but here's a list of things I do to try to keep the good times going:

1) Bagel & Lox for breakfast at home (a treat I usually only order on cruises, but always purchase supplies upon returning)

2) Pre-dinner cocktail or glass of wine (I rarely drink...unless I'm cruisin')

3) Eating dinner later in general (normal life = starving at 5:30, cruise life = ready to relax and enjoy a meal at 8:30)

4) Utilize my deck aka my land-balcony - the view sucks but there is a simple pleasure easily forgotten in just sitting outside and taking it all in as the world passes by

5) NEW! My dog will bark his head off at the slightest sound, so I started playing ocean noises for him to drown out the neighbor's dogs. I guess this is now part of my year-round quest for cruise lifestyle habit.

What are some ways you try to bring vacation back to your every day life?

• 3 months later...

When I was working, I would mail a postcard to myself at work from the last port with a note "Remember - you WERE here" - and my DH leaves a chocolate on my pillow the 1st night back. As we finish the laundry we work on the next cruise.

I was late starter. I first cruise was in 2010 and I've been lucky enough to have cruised at least once a year since . I bring it back by immediately planning the next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk