What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

I will be almost-solo on the Allure next week. My soon-to-be-ex-husband and I booked it 14 months ago and neither of us will give it up. So I will be solo for my waking hours and have a silent roommate at night. I would rather be truly solo, but being free to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it will be good practice. As large as the ship is, I will be surprised if I see him other than in the cabin. Not an ideal situation but better than missing a cruise :D

wow, and many say it's odd for me to room with a somewhat

stranger...

Best to you, let us know how it works out...

I will be almost-solo on the Allure next week. My soon-to-be-ex-husband and I booked it 14 months ago and neither of us will give it up. So I will be solo for my waking hours and have a silent roommate at night. I would rather be truly solo, but being free to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it will be good practice. As large as the ship is, I will be surprised if I see him other than in the cabin. Not an ideal situation but better than missing a cruise :D

Go to the single's events (wink wink, nudge nudge) :p

Edited by JeffKoz

I cruise solo. Married, mid-fifties, retired. My spouse usually doesnt want to go.

I dont want to share sleeping space. But would love a travel buddy.

I am very open to tour buddies...and traveling with others...but not necessarily sharing a cabin.

And if you are a slow walker or want to take pictures...I am cool with that!

I am great about finding deals.

Hi Linda. I am a white, married male, late fifties. Health professional still practicing full time so I only get to cruise once a year. I think it would be wonderful to find a cruise buddy to do excursions with and as a dinner & dance partner (a strictly platonic friendship). If you are interested in getting acquainted you can e-mail me at condofinder (at) hotmail dot com.

I was amused by your letter. Not the worst situation to find yourself in and a good first step into solo cruising (which is how I usually cruise). Best wishes.:)

I took my first solo cruise last year when my friend bailed....it was the best cruise ever. I love having the cabin to myself, so much that I can't bare to share a regular sized balcony cabin anymore. Once you have the whole balcony it's hard to go back.

I've taken 4 solo trips and have two more booked, all have been on Celebrity I've always made friends, but don't mind being alone either.

When I go alone on Celebrity I book in Aqua Class, that allows me to eat in Blu which is a smaller venue. If I make friends I can always join them in the MDR.

Too funny. Well, you picked the right ship! I just sailed its sister ship, the Oasis and it's huge. You might NEVER bump into each other during the day. Go see the maitre' d the first day and change your dinner seating :D

I take one or two solo cruises each year. I always go in late April/early May. I have a flexible work schedule which allows significant time off. I enjoy long cruises (14+) days and have been taking transatlantic cruises. I'm pretty friendly, but I still need to make the effort to meet people. Early in the cruise, I get friendly with a bartender in a comfortable bar. I let him/her know I'm solo and to introduce me to other solos.

It would be great to have a cruise buddy but I find most people my age (early 50's) don't have my flexibility.

Funniest solo story is where I was put at a table in the MDR for 8 people. First night was myself and a H&W. Next night they didn't show (hope it wasn't me), I was alone and remained alone for the balance of the cruise. I was given the option of switching but I liked my waiter and decided to stay. The looks I got from people was priceless and I got the best service. :)

Edited by JoePatNYCT

Really have enjoyed reading all these posts! I posted last year before a cruise in November on NCL Star, with was absolutely a blast. I have become a fan of NCL after now three cruises with them.

Oh, by the way, I am 64, female, retired teacher, divorced. Love to travel, but it seems hard to find friends or family that can go due to their obligations with work, family, or whatever. So, I don't mind sailing alone and meeting new friends along the way.

I WAS going on the Star again this March, but cancelled it, and rebooked to NCL Jewel next October 20 (2013). It will be solo, and wanted a balcony this time, so I can't wait!

Now I am looking to go on Epic sometime in 2014, maybe March or April, looking at the Solo cabins. It seems like it would fit well with meeting new people, and doing my own thing or hanging out with others. I had previously booked an Epic balcony for a different time, but cancelled it as the time wasn't working out right.

Happy sailing to all of you!

Hello. My name is Teo and i'm a single 37 y/o firefighter/medic. All my friends are married or fell in love and i'm by myself. So instead of going nowhere because i'm single, I travel solo. My first cruise was last year with a friend. This year for my birthday (march 3) I decided I was going to cruise even if it meant going solo. And so today I booked on the Carnival Glory for 7 days in the western caribbean. I'm nervous but I'm going to make the best of it.

Really have enjoyed reading all these posts! I posted last year before a cruise in November on NCL Star, with was absolutely a blast. I have become a fan of NCL after now three cruises with them.

I've only travelled once on NCL, and wouldn't hurry back. The first two nights there was a meet-up for solo travellers, and after that those of us who wanted company at dinner met up in the bar. That was OK. I found that when I went to the dining room alone, I was seated alone. I did state that I would prefer to share, but apparently that wasn't an option.

Wow! Where have I been? Sitting around listening to excuses from my friends for years... that's where.

I am so excited to have found this board. I do have a cruise booked for Sept with a friend due to extreme begging on my part but I still have 6 PTO days to use by year end.

I'm 31, single, never married, no kids or pets, from the beaches of South Jersey (but I promise I'm not your typical Jersey girl, I can pump my own gas). I love cruising and this thread just made my day!

If anyone knows of any great rates for the rest of this year for solos, please post them.

Hi Mapgirl!

I've booked a solo cruise myself on the NCL Breakaway for Dec 8th! 27, single, never married, no kids, but I do have a dog. My 1 yr old Toy poodle...he's my world but pets aren't allowed on cruises..so Solo it is! lol The rates weren't that bad for my booking considering there is no singles supplement and we get to enjoy that great Studio lounge and meet other solo cruisers. I only hope there are more under 40s cruisers onboard this beauty of a new ship! :)

Hi Mapgirl!

I've booked a solo cruise myself on the NCL Breakaway for Dec 8th! 27, single, never married, no kids, but I do have a dog. My 1 yr old Toy poodle...he's my world but pets aren't allowed on cruises..so Solo it is! lol The rates weren't that bad for my booking considering there is no singles supplement and we get to enjoy that great Studio lounge and meet other solo cruisers. I only hope there are more under 40s cruisers onboard this beauty of a new ship! :)

Ace - you sound a bit like me... I do solo's do at a young age of 27... :)

Solo on the EPIC is amazing, I'm so jealous of your solo on Breakaway... although i'm considering a November breakaway cruise. The solo lounge and meeting is my best part on the studio deal..and I love the mood lit rooms!! Your going to have a ball onboard.. and yes on EPIC there were plenty of under 40's... I think NCL in general has a good age range. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Booked my first cruise the other day. on my way on a solo mission to Bermuda on a seven day cruise on the Celebrity summit. lets see what else I am willing to tell you. 30 years old, no kids, single as a dollar bill. the way i see it as long as the food and alcohol are good I will find a way to have a good time..

I am booked for the Freedom Sept 22nd this will be my 2nd SOLO cruise. 28 years old.

My family is starting to think I'll never take anyone with me on cruise with me again! Going in 3 weeks with brother/BF on NOS and I have a cabin to MYSELF! Just the way I enjoy cruising now. Perhaps I'm crazy?!

I am booked for the Freedom Sept 22nd this will be my 2nd SOLO cruise. 28 years old.

My family is starting to think I'll never take anyone with me on cruise with me again! Going in 3 weeks with brother/BF on NOS and I have a cabin to MYSELF! Just the way I enjoy cruising now. Perhaps I'm crazy?!

No, you're not crazy at all, plus look at the great time you had on your b2b solo cruise. Those that think anyone sailing solo is crazy, just don't know what they are missing. :)

After my b2b solo cruise in November I went on a non solo cruise and while I had a great time, it just wasn't the same. Its going to be tough in the future to go on a cruise non solo.

My next two cruises are booked and solo and I have no plans on others joining. Not really telling anyone either I have the cruises booked either. Need to book my cruise in August, while I'm on the Jewel, plan on that being solo too.

Looks like I'll be on the Freedom of the seas a couple months after you. I booked a room over looking the Royal Promenade, kind of excited about that. When I first booked it, just did an inside, then changed it the next day. Glad I decided to pay the little bit extra to see more of whats going on in the middle of the ship.

No , you are not crazy. Once you go solo cruising, you are hooked. Went on a cruise with my sister this past October & it seemed weird to me. Had an awesome time cruising with her but there was that small selfish part of myself that missed going solo. My first cruise was with a group of 40 of my best friend's family & last two cruises before this last one were solo. Going on solo cruise #3 in November. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...