Celebrity or Carnival

Vegas101

We are debating between Celebrity and Carnival for an Alaskan cruise. We have cruised 4 times on Carnival enjoyed them but not so much on the last one just way different than before. We have two kids who are 11 and 9 so we want them to enjoy themselves too. Which do you all recommend?

We are planning on going June 2015 out of Seattle.

Look at the pictures of the Solstice (I have sailed her twice with a child) because the ships are very different from Carnival. No waterslides or self-serve ice cream machine. It's more sophisticated and grown up. If your 9 and 11 year old participate in the youth program- they will have a blast but the rest of the ship isn't really geared specifically for kids.

I don't like the cabin layout on Solstice compared to the ones of Carnival. The ones on Celebrity won't be as comfortable with four people. They are smaller and I felt an awkward layout.

Brent Nixon is the # 1 reason to sail Celebrity to Alaska. He is a naturalist that does great presentations on Alaskan wildlife. My son (age 13) LOVES Brent. Don't miss these (he does at least 5 on every cruise).

Alaska is a fantastic destination and you really can't go wrong on any of the lines.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Thank you for the response! Room size is a good point. I noticed how the rooms looked smaller on celebrity except the suites and we aren't really trying to spend a fortune on just the room because I would rather explore Alaska.