cruising families from Minnesota are you out there?

snowy owl

Hi from Glenwood!

We are taking our 17yr son and 15yr daughter on their first cruise this March 19-26 to the Southern Carribbean. Their first cruise, only our second - we did this EXACT ship and itinerary last March with 2 other couples and absolutely LOVED IT!

Have a fun excursion planned on every island and everyone is getting excited to go! Less than 6 weeks to go!!!!!

Hello! My family is from St. Cloud. As a family we have done three cruises. Our first cruise was with Princess to the Western Caribbean in 2000, then Royal Caribbean to the Eastern Carib. in 2002 and then Princess last spring break to the Eastern Carib. again. Kids are now 20, 18 and 15 and already addicted to cruising. We only wish we could afford to go more (having two kids in college is expensive).

Hi!

We live in the Twin Cities area. We are cruising RCI's Splendour of the Seas this year on spring break. It will be the fifth for our two DD's ages 13 & 9. Needless to say, they also love to cruise. Did Disney once and the rest have been RCI. Have done Eastern and Western Caribbean with them and last year did the Mexican Riviera.

Would love to hear about those who have done Carnival over spring break time. We have thought about it, but always get worried about wild, drunkenness. Don't know if those stories are true or not.

Sandy

We live in the Cities, too. Eden Prairie. Our fourth family cruise is in 2 weeks, RCI Mariner. Have also done Disney 2x, and last year Dawn Princess, southern caribbean. Our children are 14s and 8d. We have lived in Minnesota only 4 years and consider it mandatory to escape at this time each year (for mom's sanity)!!

We live in Maplewood. We leave on 2/27 for our second Carnival cruise with the kids. We took our children then ages 8(d), 5(s), and 8 months(s) on the Carnival Victory last February. It was by far the best family vacation we have ever taken. Even with a baby along. The kids loved the Camp Carnival program and had a ball on every island. This year the littlest one is staying home with Grandma and Grandpa and the older two will be with us. We figured chasing a toddler around might not be really relaxing. (Last year he was just starting to crawl so keeping him nearby was easy). We can't wait!

We're from Northernmost WI (Bayfield Co.). One DD (now 9) - five cruises with her.

We only cruise to the "cooler" spots - Baltic, AK, Maritime provinces (geez, I can see Ontario across the lake - it's a clear day, but I can't spell province?). But this year we're heading to HI on NCL Pride of America. - I'm hoping the palm trees provide adequate shade:D !

The good thing about being from the northlands, is that I never need a nightlight, as my legs are SO white that they glow in the dark!

DH and I will be going to the Panama Canal on Celebrity Galaxy in April. This will be our 5th cruise - all previous cruises have been on Carnival. We loved the Carnival cruises, but wanted something different this time. (I think all the Carnival cruise directors use the same script). LOL ;)

We live in Cottage Grove (So. of Woodbury). I hear ya when you say your legs are white. I can't wait to hit the tanning booth. We've been pretty lucky weather-wise. A little chilly today (-5) but for the most part, it has been decent.

Been through Phillips multiple times on our way "south". We live just outside of Cornucopia - Applefest weekend is generally a good weekend to visit the twinkie cities!

No tanning booths for me - I'd just end up deep fried to a crackly-crisp!

• 9 years later...

Hey there! We live in the south metro (Shakopee). We've booked our cruise for 08/16/15 on IOS(RCCL)!

We're planning on road tripping it. Leaving Friday morning, drive about 15 hours to Chattanooga area. Saturday morning, driving 11-12 hours to Fort Lauderdale.

Rosemount, MN here.

Kids are 4 and 6 and the will both be going on their 4th cruise in November. They have been on Holland America once and this will be their 3rd time on RCI.

Summers are too nice and winters too cold in MN to not try and get away on a nice cruise every winter!

Wow - interesting to see this thread resurrected!

Back when I originally posted DD was 9 and in fourth grade - she's now nearly 19 and starting college at "the U" in Minneapolis in a few weeks :eek:!

Hey there! We live in the south metro (Shakopee). We've booked our cruise for 08/16/15 on IOS(RCCL)!

We're planning on road tripping it. Leaving Friday morning, drive about 15 hours to Chattanooga area. Saturday morning, driving 11-12 hours to Fort Lauderdale.

We have done the drive from the NW metro to central FL or the east coast of FL about ten times now. In our view, it's quite doable. Our next family cruise isn't until Jan 2016. Next summer we are driving to CA...now that is a loooongg drive!

Let me know if you have any questions about the drive.

Edited by momof3cruisers

Holy old thread batman!!

That being said, why not chime in??

We're in the great micropolitan area of Mankato/North Mankato. Our 4th (the kids' 2nd) carnival cruise will be starting over MEA. Last Nov we made the drive down to Galveston (and it was not bad at all with our DD-6 and DS-3.) Now they're a year older and we're flying to Port Canaveral for an 8 day Sunshine adventure with our friend from Duluth (and their kids!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I laughed when i just clicked on this thread and saw that it started in 2005!! What a resurrection! We are a family of 4 from Apple Valley (just south of the cities) and will be doing our first family cruise on Freedom of the Seas with Royal Caribbean in March. Recently found out on our roll call that ANOTHER family of 4 from Apple Valley will also be on our same cruise. Small world!! :D

Hi all! We're from Otsego, south of Elk River, north of Maple Grove. We have DS 21, DD 19, (both at St Cloud State) and DD 12. The girls cruised with us on our first, just us on second. This time will be us and youngest. The other daughter is too worried we will hit an iceberg in the Caribbean! :O She's still considering going with. Our son is too into his own world to spend a week with mom and dad. Oh well, his loss.

We drove to New Orleans and Galveston, and now plan to drive to Miami. (Never been.) I hope to overnight at Disney for New Year's Eve fireworks. Also will do park and cruise hotel in Miami.

I already ordered visitors info for Miami as I have so little to read on the Escape and no reviews! (It is currently being built.) Hope to see some of you on board!