Just off Freedom today -no water or soda carry on

They held our soda and water and gave it back the last night of the cruise. They said it was because of spring break :( others said they arrived early and they were not set up to take it yet, so they let it go. Others said they put it in luggage or carry ons and got it on. There was a large pile of labeled water and soda. I wish I could have gotten this on before the ship sailed today. Not sure if it will go back to normal when spring break is over.

They held our soda and water and gave it back the last night of the cruise. They said it was because of spring break :( others said they arrived early and they were not set up to take it yet, so they let it go. Others said they put it in luggage or carry ons and got it on. There was a large pile of labeled water and soda. I wish I could have gotten this on before the ship sailed today. Not sure if it will go back to normal when spring break is over.

Wow. We were on Mariner March 17. We put a luggage tag on a case of water and it was delivered to our suite with our luggage. It was also spring break.

I think if I had to take water and soda with me to go on a cruise I think I would stay home :D

I don't get the soda package onboard and I am not a coke product drinker. I sometimes like a pepsi if i have to have a soda...mountain dew preferably..lol

I usually take a few cans in my carryon...never had a problem

I think if I had to take water and soda with me to go on a cruise I think I would stay home :D

Well, that is your opinion. 3 of the 5 of us drink soda and not worth a package for a soda or two a day. But we did without just fine. None of us purchased soda. They did give my teen some free soda in the teen club. I just bough them frozen drinks instead. Great new package by the way. Also, I like to have water overnight. Some nights I forgot to get a glass on my way to bed. Got a little sick from the ice bucket water one night. Learned my lesson! So to each his own. Some choose to be more frugal with our cash. Doesn't mean we can't afford to cruise. Some of us just cruise 3 times a year with money we save being frugal.

Well, it says on the website you can not so what really is normal.?

I think it is just Port Canaveral. What port is Mariner out of?

We were just on Freedom on 3/17 and we checked a case of 24 waters with a luggage tag and it was delivered to the room with our other bags...

On the March 10th Freedom I took water in my carryon along with our wine. We had no problem. I normally just bring a refillable water bottle but when I realized I'd left it home we stopped and got a 6 pack of large bottles. I use them mostly for ports as they charge a ridiculous amount on the ship for a bottle of water. I got 6 large bottles for less than 1 medium size they sell to take ashore.

I think it is just Port Canaveral. What port is Mariner out of?

Mariner is out of Galveston. We drink TONS of water. I have bought the water packages on the ship, but it's worth $3.95 to bring a case of water. If it doesn't show up then we aren't out much, except the $60-$70 to buy water.:rolleyes:

I think this is a pretty judgmental statement. Not everyone here has an unlimited supply of money, is Diamond plus, and stays in Royal Suites where we always read about all the great amenities. If somebody is spending thousands for a cruise, why can't they buy a case of water for $3.95 at the departure city before they board so they don't have to pay $3-4 a bottle on the ship? (And yes, I know some say that the ship's water 'tastes great!' but that is a matter of opinion.) Why can't they buy a 12 pack of soda for $3.50 at the grocery store instead of paying $3 each onboard? What is wrong with that if it's been allowed in the past? It's not like the OP said that they tried using rum runners and got caught. It's water and soda.

I'm completely with the OP. Some of us are just more frugal than others and if there's a way to save, then I'm all for it.

How much water, soda, and wine are you allowed to bring on board? Is the limit per stateroom or per person? We are going on the Oasis in May. :confused:

I've brought 2 12-pack waters with me (one for each of us) both times on the Oasis without an issue. Also brought one 6 pack of Coke Zero, no issues.

Every time I've brought water / soda like this in my carry on the port security personnel made me open up my bag so they could verify it was water / soda and not booze, so expect that to happen, but it shouldn't be a problem.

We see every year on the boards that things tighten up for Spring Break, so I'm not entirely surprised that OP had some issues, especially in Port Canaveral which seems (anecdotally) to be stricter at times.

I've brought 2 12-pack waters with me (one for each of us) both times on the Oasis without an issue. Also brought one 6 pack of Coke Zero, no issues.

Every time I've brought water / soda like this in my carry on the port security personnel made me open up my bag so they could verify it was water / soda and not booze, so expect that to happen, but it shouldn't be a problem.

We see every year on the boards that things tighten up for Spring Break, so I'm not entirely surprised that OP had some issues, especially in Port Canaveral which seems (anecdotally) to be stricter at times.

Thanks for the information!! Also, as I understand, each person is allowed to bring on board 1 bottle of wine??

amster65..>your the one that I'm pointing at and laughing as they are either getting off the ship and buying water or buying in the port for $4.50 a bottle. :eek:

24 pack large bottles at Sam's Club...$6.00

ROFL.....:D (sorry, couldn't resist)

Did the Freedom with our family in June and the porters would not bring up a tagged case of water. I had to bring it onboard myself. Security checked it very carefully.

I've brought on water about a dozen times before and this was the first problem we have had.

Did the Freedom with our family in June and the porters would not bring up a tagged case of water. I had to bring it onboard myself. Security checked it very carefully.

I've brought on water about a dozen times before and this was the first problem we have had.

DW and I had the same experience in Jan. 2013 on Freedom OTS. The porters would not accept a case of water curbside. We had taped luggage tags in multiple places, but it didn't matter. The porters blamed RCI. We ended up bungee strapping the case of water to a carryon suitcase and off we went for check-in. We weren't going to let the hiccup ruin our cruise that's for sure. We'll put the case of water in a checked duffle bag the next time we go out of Port Canaveral. We'll probably get called to the naughty room too.

We were surprised b/c during our Liberty OTS cruise in Dec. we saw several people each check a case of water in Port Everglades.

I just love it when someone makes a statement like this! I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day/not soda/not coffee/not tea. We love TransAtlantics and I was having a problem with swelling of ankles, legs and feet. I'm an active person @ home, no health issues and don't use salt and NEVER have this problem. Finally determined that it was the desalination process of the cruise ship that was causing the problem. Normally, I don't drink bottled water, but have to in this case. My doctor said he would write a RX for the water, but really, let me just bring a case on board!! Apparently, the cruise ship is the problem!! :D

DW and I had the same experience in Jan. 2013 on Freedom OTS. The porters would not accept a case of water curbside. We had taped luggage tags in multiple places, but it didn't matter. The porters blamed RCI.

The porters were only following the rules, set by RC on the website.

I think this is a pretty judgmental statement. Not everyone here has an unlimited supply of money, is Diamond plus, and stays in Royal Suites where we always read about all the great amenities. If somebody is spending thousands for a cruise, why can't they buy a case of water for $3.95 at the departure city before they board so they don't have to pay $3-4 a bottle on the ship? (And yes, I know some say that the ship's water 'tastes great!' but that is a matter of opinion.) Why can't they buy a 12 pack of soda for $3.50 at the grocery store instead of paying $3 each onboard? What is wrong with that if it's been allowed in the past? It's not like the OP said that they tried using rum runners and got caught. It's water and soda.

I'm completely with the OP. Some of us are just more frugal than others and if there's a way to save, then I'm all for it.

Are you kidding, water.?

RCI never had an issue with pax bringing water onboard. At least not that we experienced.

Then we started to see large cases of the stuff being brought onboard by pax. One guy actually had one of those fold up hand carts..two large cases of water and his duffle bag on top of those.:rolleyes:

Give some people an inch.....

Archived