Shuttle from union station to long beach pier

harlee3

agree, many shuttles will pick you up. But odds are, Amtrak station isn't listed on their websites for pricing purposes. I would start with Supershuttle. Be sure to specify the Port of Long Beach (for Carnival) as opposed to the Port of Los Angeles, which is nearby and serves the other cruiselines.

• 4 weeks later...

Verify this, please, but I think Long Beach is also known as the LA Cruise Ship Terminal. Prime Time Shuttle (http://www.primetimeshuttle.com) lists both LA Cruise Ship Terminal and Union station and showed an approximate fare of $70 for 2 people and 4 bags from Union Station to the pier or 82.60 for a private sedan.

Harlee,

While there is service to the cruise terminals from Union Station, you need to build in some time for train delays. The Union Station is a sizable complex and it is a fairly long walk from the train to the place where Super Shuttle or Prime Ticket will pick you up.

However, Super Shuttle or Prime Ticket does not wait very long and will leave/not return if you are not there at the agreed pick up time. So,you need to have Super Shuttle or Prime Shuttle's telephone number with you.

An alternative...at Union Station there is a Flyaway bus that goes to LAX. The price is very reasonable, and at LAX there are many Super Shuttle and Prime Shuttle vans that go to the cruise terminals. Keep this in mind if there are in fact any problems.

Verify this, please, but I think Long Beach is also known as the LA Cruise Ship Terminal. Prime Time Shuttle (www.primetimeshuttle.com) lists both LA Cruise Ship Terminal and Union station and showed an approximate fare of $70 for 2 people and 4 bags from Union Station to the pier or 82.60 for a private sedan.

There are two ports in this area: The Port of Long Beach (which serves Carnival) and the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro (which serves the other cruiselines). When making reservations with any shuttle company or relaying your destination to a shuttle driver or taxi driver, always tell them which port you need to go to. Emphasize Long Beach or San Pedro.

The two ports are near each other, but if you are taken to the wrong one, that could cost you $ and time.

Hi all anyone know of the name of a shuttle company that will pick-up at Amtrak union station la and drop us off at the pier in long beach? any help will be appreciated.:D

Amtrak has dedicated Amtrak Thruway bus service to downtown Long Beach, the Queen Mary (the LB cruise pier), and the San Pedro Catalina Terminal, which is for all practical purposes the cruise terminal. The difference in fare between these destinations and LA is negligible, a few dollars.

The Amtrak Thruway buses are tour type buses, with luggage storage underneath, not city buses.

The main drawback is it starts running in the afternoon, and you cannot make a same day cruise departure using it. However, if you are travelling on a long distance Amtrak train, there is no way you should schedule for same day cruise departure regardless of how you are getting between Union Station and the port. So if you staying overnight, the Amtrak bus could work.

You have to be pre-ticketed for it, so you'd need to change your reservation from LA to Long Beach or San Pedro.

The destination codes for Amtrak are:

Downtown Long Beach - LBC

Long Beach Queen Mary - LBQ

San Pedro Catalina Terminal - SPD

I took Amtrak from Oregon right to the Queen Mary. Although I got into Union Station after the last bus has left, Amtrak paid a private cab to take me to my motel room, the cost of the cab was $125.00. So for the $5.00 that Amtrak charges you for the bus ride from Union Station to the Queen Mary and knowing that they guarantee that they will get you there is well worth the extra money to me. I would recommend that you arrive in Long Beach the day before you leave on your cruise, it does make it much easier. If you need to stay at a Hotel room, Hilton has a discount code that you can use and your room will cost you $89.00 a night instead of $179.00 a night.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year we tried the Metro Rail from Union Station to Long Beach and it worked pretty well. One quick transfer, 2.50 each. Lots of local color. (Oddly, no transfers, so you pay 1.25 on each train). We've also done it from LAX, same price. Helps if you travel light like we do, mind you. :D

Archived