Shipping spices to usa

lellenm

Has anyone mailed the spices they purchased in Grenada to the usa? If so, how? Is there a post office near the port, or anything like UPS? I would rather mail them home so I don't have to worry about them through customs and airports.

Linda

We have never had a problem with dry spices, or anything in a sealed bottle, jar, or can, & we have brought them back to the USA from all over the world Israel, Asia, Europe, Caribbean, etc.) I just pack them in my suitcase. Liquids I double-bag in plastic bags and then wrap them in tee-shirts. As long as your suitcase is packed like a drum and things don't bang into each other you should be fine. I brought back 36 bottles of wine, oil, condiments, liqeurs, honey, olives, and spices from Israel and Italy in our suitcases, and nothing was broken. (But yes, we threw out books, clothing, and shoes (cheap clothing & shoes LOL) in the middle of the airport to make room for food, wine, and spices- and still make the weight limit!) :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I was also concerned about bringing spices back from Granada but found an article somewhere (sorry, I can't provide a link) that it was OK.

Now this is interesting,

As a new cruiser, I will be docking in Grenada in February 2015, and do plan on returning back with spices. One reviewer reported that she carried her spices, and other condinments back in bottles. I read others had bagged it and it molded. Are we allowed to bring little bottles with us to bottle up the spices to bring back to the US?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I broght spices back several times from Grenada.

Some were in glass spice bottles and some were in zip loc baggies.

No problem with any respect. I declared them on our customs form and

they didn't question us at all.