Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > New Orleans

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 8th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Drury Inn Booking Question

When you book the cruise special at the Drury Inn should the email confirmation say something about the cruise special? I just booked and the email confirmation doesn't say anything about the park/cruise special. Just want to make sure I don't have a problem when I arrive.

Completed Cruises:
Coral Princess Partial Panama Canal 3/14
Crown Princess Southern 1/12
Ruby Princess Eastern 10/10
Carnival Fantasy Mexico 9/09
Emerald Princess Southern 10/08
Caribbean Princess Bahamas 5/08
Caribbean Princess Eastern 9/07
Caribbean Princess Western 10/06
Carnival Fantasy Bahamas 7/05

Old July 8th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi,
I literally just got off the phone with a CSR in NOLA at the Drury Inn. She said they have a cruise special that is normally 99 bucks.

DH and I sail on 3/20/10 and the current rate is 209.00. I looked at prices online before I called. but b/c I had read about the special rate,I decided to call. Maybe thats what you should do. Just give them a buzz,the CSR was very nice and local.

Sarah

"Im not a tourist, Im a traveler" ME.

Sailed: Carnival Fascination July 2010

Old July 8th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
When you book the cruise special at the Drury Inn should the email confirmation say something about the cruise special? I just booked and the email confirmation doesn't say anything about the park/cruise special. Just want to make sure I don't have a problem when I arrive.
I called the hotel and told them I wanted the cruise special. They then transferred me to central reservations. I told them I wanted the cruise special and they booked me but when I got the confirmation it doesn't say anything about the cruise special.

I guess I will wait a few days and call to reconfirm.

Completed Cruises:

Old July 9th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Administrator

I also called Drury about their cruise deal (because the rates I was finding online were over $150 per night), and their phone folks seemed to know nothing about it. Since we weren't driving in the "cruise special" with parking wasn't such an important factor to us, so I pricelined and got a 4* room (good reviews on Trip Advisor) for $50 per night. I'm good with that; it wasn't worth the phone hassle with Drury. Hope you have better luck with their phone reps than I did.

Upcoming Cruises:

Western Caribbean -- Carnival Sunshine, November 2014

Some Past Cruise Adventures:

Pride of Hawaii, NCL, 2007 (Hawaii) -- MS Volendam, HAL, 2008 (Alaska) -- Norwegian Dawn, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Carnival Triumph, 2009 (Canada) -- Emerald Princess, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Norwegian Epic, 2011 (Western Caribbean) -- Celebrity Summit, 2011 (Bermuda Cruise Critic Member Cruise) -- Ruby Princess, 2012 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Sapphire Princess, 2012 (Alaska) -- Norwegian Sky, 2013 (Bahamas) -- Carnival Dream, 2013 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Norwegian Epic, 2014 (Western Caribbean)

Last edited by Host Michell; July 9th, 2009 at 01:17 AM.

Old July 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichellP View Post
I also called Drury about their cruise deal (because the rates I was finding online were over $150 per night), and their phone folks seemed to know nothing about it. Since we weren't driving in the "cruise special" with parking wasn't such an important factor to us, so I pricelined and got a 4* room (good reviews on Trip Advisor) for $50 per night. I'm good with that; it wasn't worth the phone hassle with Drury. Hope you have better luck with their phone reps than I did.
Which room did you get on priceline? We are talking now about staying 2 nights and if that is the case I will probably do priceline too and just park at the port. The park and cruise at the Drury won't be such a bargain at 2 nights vs price line. Still have to work the math a bit.

Completed Cruises:

Old July 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM
5,000+ Club

The NOLA Cruise package promotional code is 307865. This will also show up on your confirmation.

Marie

Old July 12th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
Which room did you get on priceline? We are talking now about staying 2 nights and if that is the case I will probably do priceline too and just park at the port. The park and cruise at the Drury won't be such a bargain at 2 nights vs price line. Still have to work the math a bit.
The Renaissance Pere Marquette -- the reviews on Tripadvisor are okay, and it's a pretty good location. Can't beat the price, either.

Upcoming Cruises:

Western Caribbean -- Carnival Sunshine, November 2014

Some Past Cruise Adventures:

Pride of Hawaii, NCL, 2007 (Hawaii) -- MS Volendam, HAL, 2008 (Alaska) -- Norwegian Dawn, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Carnival Triumph, 2009 (Canada) -- Emerald Princess, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Norwegian Epic, 2011 (Western Caribbean) -- Celebrity Summit, 2011 (Bermuda Cruise Critic Member Cruise) -- Ruby Princess, 2012 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Sapphire Princess, 2012 (Alaska) -- Norwegian Sky, 2013 (Bahamas) -- Carnival Dream, 2013 (Eastern Caribbean) -- Norwegian Epic, 2014 (Western Caribbean)

Old July 13th, 2009, 01:02 AM
50,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaltHim View Post
The NOLA Cruise package promotional code is 307865. This will also show up on your confirmation.

Marie
The special doesnt show on my email confirmation. I called back and they said that is what is booked, but not showing on the confirmation.

I changed so Im booked on a Wednesday and still had to pay $114.99 plus the $15 to park and taxes, about $146 total it shows. If I took the cruise the Saturday before the lowest price was $149.99, so the cruise special isnt always that cheap, or maybe its because I didnt call direct?? Someone posted on another thread Drury just raised their prices when the port parking prices went up.