NCL PCC - promises not kept

MS52

We booked a Baltic cruise for June 2011 (we are a group). I called around for the best deal. TA promised obc and wine, price was good. PCC promised amenity points - comparable price. Told us the amenity points would be worth much more so we went with the NCL PCC.

The group contract came through with NO amenity points. He says, "oops guess you booked to late to get them. " :mad: (11 months early is too late??!!)

This is the first time that I did a group cruise so each time I spoke with him, I took good notes. I know what was promised

I'm pretty upset. Now we have no obc, no wine, no amenity points. What would you do? I'm angry enough to consider another cruise line. I made the decision for the group and feel like I was scr***d.

We booked a Baltic cruise for June 2011 (we are a group). I called around for the best deal. TA promised obc and wine, price was good. PCC promised amenity points - comparable price. Told us the amenity points would be worth much more so we went with the NCL PCC.

The group contract came through with NO amenity points. He says, "oops guess you booked to late to get them. " :mad: (11 months early is too late??!!)

This is the first time that I did a group cruise so each time I spoke with him, I took good notes. I know what was promised

I'm pretty upset. Now we have no obc, no wine, no amenity points. What would you do? I'm angry enough to consider another cruise line. I made the decision for the group and feel like I was scr***d.

What are ammenity points?

Can you cancel the cruise and rebook with a TA? I'm not familiar with how group cruises work.

You are well before final payment ---- go ahead and look around for a better deal, and transfer your reservation (or cancel and rebook.) There have been a number of postings on these boards about PCCs who have promised various things to get a booking, and then not delivered.

First of all, I have been the group planner before and I know the feeling of "everyone is mad at me for every tiny little thing"

Secondly, this sounds like a crappy travel agent problem, NOT an NCL problem.

I think your best bet is simply shrug your shoulders and say to the TA "I hope your commision for this booking was worth never having my business, or the buiness of anyone in my group, again."

First of all, I have been the group planner before and I know the feeling of "everyone is mad at me for every tiny little thing"

Secondly, this sounds like a crappy travel agent problem, NOT an NCL problem.

I think your best bet is simply shrug your shoulders and say to the TA "I hope your commision for this booking was worth never having my business, or the buiness of anyone in my group, again."

He didn't go with the TA. He went with the NCL Personal Cruise Consultant.

You could ask your PCC for a written "amenity confirmation". I think what you mean by "amenity points" is On Board Credit, correct?

If the current PCC is not working with you to your satisfaction, ask a supervisor that another person be assigned to your booking.

You could ask your PCC for a written "amenity confirmation". I think what you mean by "amenity points" is On Board Credit, correct?

If the current PCC is not working with you to your satisfaction, ask a supervisor that another person be assigned to your booking.

Amenity points are like obc. they can be used for wine in the room, speciality restaurants, beverage packages, etc.

I got the writen amenity points on the group contract - it was ZERO.

Maryann

Have you taken this up the chain of command? If that doesn't work, find a different TA and move the whole group there.

I have found that independent TA's are much more advantageous to groups than NCL's PCC's.

PE

Amenity points are like obc. they can be used for wine in the room, speciality restaurants, beverage packages, etc.

I got the writen amenity points on the group contract - it was ZERO.

Maryann

I've received booking confirmations which do not list OBC's when, in fact, we had them.

Thanks, I'll take it up the chain of command as suggested. And I'm early enough to keep shopping around - maybe I can find a better deal.

I'm too gullible and tend to believe people when they tell me that they're going to do something.

Maryann

You've gotten a lot of very well-intentioned advice here.

Let me try to save you some stress and trouble.

Amenity points are determined by, and assigned by the Groups Department.

The PCC has NOTHING to do with this. Being in the same boat, a non-NCL TA will also have to deal with the Groups Department as they have no control on amenity points assigned either.

"Going up the chain of command" or switching the booking to a TA will do nothing toward any amenity points.

You need to call and speak directly with the responsible people in the Groups Department.

You should also know that the number of spaces allowed for group booking is limited on each and every cruise. Even though it is 11 months out, the available group space for your cruise might be spoken for. Even if they want to help you, they just can't create more group space.

"Going up the chain of command" or switching the booking to a TA will do nothing toward any amenity points.

You need to call and speak directly with the responsible people in the Groups Department.

You should also know that the number of spaces allowed for group booking is limited on each and every cruise..

1) Switching to a TA may get me obc and wine....better than what NCL is offering now

2) that's the plan this afternoon

3) when we booked there where 90+ cabins available in group

1) Switching to a TA may get me obc and wine....better than what NCL is offering now

The issue with switching to a TA might not get you anything. Most "deals" are for new bookings only. This may not qualify.

One personal piece of advice when working with anyone at NCL Corporate (customer service especially, but anyone).... GET IT IN WRITING! Have them fax or email you something quickly. NCL is well known for saying what you want to hear when they have you on the phone...but then not following through with it and denying it was ever said later.

You are well before final payment ---- go ahead and look around for a better deal, and transfer your reservation (or cancel and rebook.) There have been a number of postings on these boards about PCCs who have promised various things to get a booking, and then not delivered.

This is not a "PCC" thing. My PCC is wonderful, and has never lied to get a booking. It is unfortunate that your's was dishonest, but there are dishonest people in every business or company. I had more issues with my old TA than going direct as I do now.

Definitely contact the group department. I organized a group cruise a while back, and our cutoff date for amenity points was much closer than 11 months. The amenity points are dependent on how many cabins are booked, also, so ensure that you have enough and you shouldn't have a problem. It's possible that you just had an inexperienced PCC; they should have directed you to the group department in the first place, based on my experience.

Archived