Silver Muse 6/21 to 7/3/17. Final Review

kloreece

Entertainment:

Excellent. Similar to my Alaskan Cruise on the Shadow, the six performers were very talented. I loved every performance. I also liked that the mingled with the guests in the Panorama lounge, on tours and I even saw them dining with cruisers. Some of it was work but they still were super friendly and enduring. I wish them the best in their musical careers.

Excursions:

I only signed up for 4. The one downside was the Lepa Vida Thalasso Spa at the Saltpans. The promotional materials should advise that nudity is involved and the treatments would be provided almost publicly. We actually observed other watching as we showered naked. In fact, we had no privacy from each other. I know that I am not alone in being especially perturbed by this experience.

Disembarkation:

Another well organized event.

Overall Impression:

Silversea has much to offer and does a good job. But, it is too much like a social club with certain cruisers receiving special treatment. As repeat Silversea cruiser, I am now part of the Venetian Society but I will not be accruing more of the clearly treasured cruise days. Why? Because the vacation was marred by dining reservation anxiety, one impolite staffer and other assorted mishaps. For the cost, much of what disappointed me should not have occurred. So, as someone who plans to retire to significant time on a cruise ship - I will be giving other brands a change to wow me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you kindly for your review. As with any voyage, each individual may by chance have different happenings, and hopefully the staff learn and improve as the weeks go by. We are waiting for our turn in late September.

I am sorry for your unfortunate experience. Really should not happen without some warning/notice ahead of time.

On another note: can you tell me who the Captain and Cruise Director are?

We board the Muse on Thursday.

Thanks, Jim

I will be giving other brands a change to wow me.
Best wishes in your retirement! And, thanks for sharing your impressions of SS and the Muse. Look forward to reading your perspective of other lines as you try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim,

While you are on your voyage, would find out how long the current crew of officers will be on the Muse? I'm assuming most will be departing at Ft. Lauderdale in October, but not sure.

Best wishes in your retirement! And, thanks for sharing your impressions of SS and the Muse. Look forward to reading your perspective of other lines as you try them.

LOL - I am 11 to 13 years from retirement but I know I love to travel and have discovered I like cruising so I am busy socking away the money (I prefer high end) to cruise as much as I can/want. Ritz Carlton will have a hybrid yacht/ cruise ship hitting the market in 2018 or 2019. I have heard really good things about Seaborne, Viking, Crystal and Regent. So, lots of options. My two adult cruises have been Silversea because I tend to brand loyalty but it's not a good fit for me. My work is stressful. My vacation shouldn't be.

My work is stressful. My vacation shouldn't be.

Entirely understand and agree. I think that some (many?) of your issues may have been a function of your being a pioneer in trying a new Silversea ship with a new concept for dining/dress code/etc. Silversea apparently understands the issues and is committed to addressing them promptly.

I am sorry for your unfortunate experience. Really should not happen without some warning/notice ahead of time.

We board the Muse on Thursday.

Thanks, Jim

I don't have any paperwork in my possession. My travel companion has it all.